SHUTDOWN: Bitfarm and Ninja Central forced to by the RiSA Anti-Piracy Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopite1985

News from the local torrent community is that Bitfarm and Ninja Central have been forced to close down by the Recording Industry of South Africa. You will find that if you type in the addresses of the websites that they have disapeared. Also NewHostZA has also shut down.

Apparently RiSA sent a letter of complaint to the ISPA and they forwarded the message on to Website Admin of the sites. The complaint threaten to take legal action if the sites do not get rid of all copyright material especially music.

It appears that the Admin of these torrent sites have decided not only to get rid of the content but they have closed the sites down....for now it seems.

Many of the 10000 users of these sites must be agrieved about this, as am I. I enjoy using the local and faster local bandwidth to download my NON-copyright content.

Share your thoughts on this.

MyWorld

Executive Member
Just noticed this as well. I fail to see how they can loose especially in the NZB catagory, it would be nice if someone in the know could give us a breakdown on what they are planning to do, their further plan of action.

ld13

Honorary Master
Interesting... I would like to know What copyrighted content was on these sites? :confused:

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Seems like some RiSA members are taking revenge for not getting invites to either Bitfarm or Ninja Central.

foozball3000

Executive Member
The tighter you close your grip...the more water will slip through.
(Microsoft has the same complex)

This is all a matter of cause and effect... Make CDs and DVDs expencive... people will find different means to get it.

And I mean... it's not like Eminem or DreamWorks feels this in their pockets. So, what's the issue with online "sharing"?

medicnick83

Paramedic
Seems like some RiSA members are taking revenge for not getting invites to either Bitfarm or Ninja Central.

So true! hahaha.

Seems on both sites, people are keen to nail people for posting threads here or for mentioning it.

But at the end of the day, any sites that do what NC & BF do, will get nailed, just takes time, it sucks tho, big time, but hey, just have to start something else ;)

medicnick83

Paramedic
Indeed... but rather cryptic - and with my internet suddenly deciding to adopt 3000ms pings pages are taking forever to load :(

Same here... I can't get to any sites... takes f'ing forever!

kopite1985

i definitly think there is some grudge bad blood going on. but certainly anti-piracy units like in the RiSA have been hunting for a kill. That is what I have been hearing since late last year.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Same here... I can't get to any sites... takes f'ing forever!
You guys noticed it too....?

Only seems to be local-hosted sites. Anything international seems to be going fine...

kopite1985

The tighter you close your grip...the more water will slip through.
(Microsoft has the same complex)

This is all a matter of cause and effect... Make CDs and DVDs expencive... people will find different means to get it.

And I mean... it's not like Eminem or DreamWorks feels this in their pockets. So, what's the issue with online "sharing"?

SHARING IS CARING!!!! AMEN BRO!!!

tyerone

can any1 confirm this???? newshost being down ect?

im getting **** local traffic but international is 100%

wtf.......

MyWorld

Executive Member
THEY ARE SHUTTING DOWN THE INTERNETS!!!!!

Seriously, where can we get an official response to this?

medicnick83

Paramedic
Guess we'll all have to revert to swopping again using HDD's

It's the best and fastest way anyways! :)

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Interesting... I would like to know What copyrighted content was on these sites? :confused:
Well if it were only links or location detail to copyrighted content, then search engines such as Google should also be shut-down.

Status
Not open for further replies.