Sick Spur employee 'forced' to report for duty collapses during shift, and dies in hospital

RedViking

Nord of the South
On the back of this article: https://www.news24.com/news24/south...es-during-shift-and-dies-in-hospital-20210512

Who appointed the EFF as having authority to negotiate with a corporate about what compensation they must pay? I thought its a legal process and a court would decide that?

Of course we all know why, because if Spur didn't concede they would storm restaurants and destroy them. And our Government just sits watching with a closed mouth? They even threaten the Manager because Spur wouldn't fire her.

Its worrying when a political party can override process against country laws and everyone is just mum about it.
Is that your opinion or from the article?

Correct heading is:

Sick Spur employee 'forced' to report for duty collapses during shift, and dies in hospital​

RedViking

Nord of the South
I'm basing the article on my question about the EFF and how it has so much authority over corporates.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
On the back of this article: https://www.news24.com/news24/south...es-during-shift-and-dies-in-hospital-20210512

Who appointed the EFF as having authority to negotiate with a corporate about what compensation they must pay? I thought its a legal process and a court would decide that?

Of course we all know why, because if Spur didn't concede they would storm restaurants and destroy them. And our Government just sits watching with a closed mouth? They even threaten the Manager because Spur wouldn't fire her.

Its worrying when a political party can override process against country laws and everyone is just mum about it.
Nobody should negotiate with a political party. They're not there for that.

neoprema

Executive Member
If its disturbing you that much you can move it to another forum location :)

neoprema

Executive Member
Should i have ability to change the topic heading once created? Can't find an option to do it. Otherwise anyone who can can change it to "Sick Spur employee 'forced' to report for duty collapses during shift, and dies in hospital"

RedViking

Nord of the South
Should i have ability to change the topic heading once created? Can't find an option to do it. Otherwise anyone who can can change it to "Sick Spur employee 'forced' to report for duty collapses during shift, and dies in hospital"
Report and mod will update

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Just reading the article, and yes its hugely light on details...

I would say the employee was on her death bed before being "forced" to come to work anyway...