Sick Spur employee 'forced' to report for duty collapses during shift, and dies in hospital

neoprema

Executive Member
Can't believe that the Spur agreed to this. Who says she wasn't going to pop off any way? Now they stuck with school fees for the next +/- 14 years. This is some BS.

View attachment 1067649
That was my point. This should have gone to a court with her family being represented and if Spur was at fault through normal legal processes, the court would rule on what they have to compensate.
But somehow the EFF can just bypass all of this?

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
That was my point. This should have gone to a court with her family being represented and if Spur was at fault through normal legal processes, the court would rule on what they have to compensate.
See my post... Companies know EFF will torch their branches , and the cops will not do anything. So just pay off the EFF...

TheChamp

Honorary Master
If indeed Spur agreed to all that it can be because they feel guilty with what happened to the employee and don't want to go to court, it's bad publicity already, and it's not like Spur cannot afford to pay for all of that, they probably already have their social responsibility programs going on and the children will be covered there, they should already have SHE programs catering exactly for these kind of incidents and they will take care of counselling for the employees.

Remember that they are a corporate with top notch lawyers and will be doing all of that without accepting any guilt so it's not really a big deal for them. The EFF can feel good about themselves and Spur can quickly and quietly put this incident behind them and carry on with their business.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
As horrible as this story is, what I find more disturbing is that Spur pays their staff R2 500 per month and this lady has been there for five years?!!!

A lot of us make that in a day!

Jesus! WTF! :eek:

Last edited:

R13...

Honorary Master
Just reading the article, and yes its hugely light on details...

I would say the employee was on her death bed before being "forced" to come to work anyway...
Which makes you wonder why she wasn't in hospital.

Milano

Honorary Master
They agreed to every demand of the EFF. As they naturally would irrespective of the actual merits no doubt to avoid cancel culture based on allegations. However Spur denied that the manager forced her to work, they refused to fire the manager. That is telling because I am sure they would gladly fire the manager to get the EFF stamp of approval but perhaps if the manager did not do anything wrong then possibly difficult to fire her to try get that full EFF approval stamp.

Amusingly enough the EFF said they would fire the manager if Spur did not. Democracy in action.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Manager must go to jail for murder if found guilty
nobody has instigated any legal action i.e. there is no process underway where a verdict will even be reached

guilty of murder though? yeah that's going to be a huge leap of faith for the court system, how do you hope to prove the manager's actions specifically caused the death?

Bewlen

Expert Member
Many claims and a whole lot of hearsay in this article. Facts anywhere, besides the poor woman actually being dead?

Milano

Honorary Master
As horrible as this story is, what I find more disturbing is that Spur pays there staff R2 500 per month and this lady has been there for five years?!!!

A lot of us make that in a day!

Jesus! WTF! :eek:
Allegedly about her salary.
Allegedly about myBB salaries.
Allegedly about involvement of Jesus too.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
A relatives autopsy results took 2 years, so I guess it's better to move on with business.