Sick Spur employee 'forced' to report for duty collapses during shift, and dies in hospital

RedViking

Nord of the South
nobody has instigated any legal action i.e. there is no process underway where a verdict will even be reached

guilty of murder though? yeah that's going to be a huge leap of faith for the court system, how do you hope to prove the manager's actions specifically caused the death?
Not my problem. If there is no concern then I guess there is no problem and manager can go on with life.

Cosmik Debris

Executive Member
As much as I hate the EFF, they also (very selectively) play the role of civil rights organization. In this case I think that this incident deserves some publicity.

Notice the EFF didn't have a civil right s action for the Oupa killed execution style in Diepsloot yesterday? They only act when it's white on black. Never when it's black on white. Why haven't they demanded the Oupa's grandchildren get school fees for life?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Initially. FrankCastle was under the impression that the deceased refused the ambulance so I was correcting him. Whether the manager changed her mind or someone else got the ambulance, I don’t know.

View attachment 1067727

I have to ask why there was an argument, and what was the argument about? It is not hard to dial 10177. Many businesses do have medical assurances in place where they could dial private medical care ambulances.

abzob

Honorary Master
I have to ask why there was an argument, and what was the argument about? It is not hard to dial 10177. Many businesses do have medical assurances in place where they could dial private medical care ambulances.

Just sounds like this manager really had it in for her.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Doesn't sound like COVID? Maybe very high BP? or some other illness.
Well the lady that comes once a week to us was rushed to hospital the day she was supposed to come in.. Said she had an asthma attack. No prior history of asthma and she said she was fine the previous day, I found it very strange. But she now has a pump. It's gov hospital so hope she was diagnosed properly and did offer to take her to a private doctor if she is not feeling better.

The point is, there is NO Reason to treat your employees like junk and ignore them when they say they don't feel well. It is to YOUR benefit if they are well and treated properly.

Reactions: ES1

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Just sounds like this manager really had it in for her.

Quoting Jacaranda I guess so,

The manager in question was placed on special leave, pending the outcome of a disciplinary hearing but the EFF want her fired for her hand in Nkebe's death.

Rumbu further claims it's not the first time the restaurant's employees have clashed with the manager.

"I think they've always had an issue with Donn, and she's always been a hostile manager, according to the workers.

whatever she did did merit higher management to place her on special leave.

Cosmik Debris

Executive Member
Well the lady that comes once a week to us was rushed to hospital the day she was supposed to come in.. Said she had an asthma attack. No prior history of asthma and she said she was fine the previous day, I found it very strange. But she now has a pump. It's gov hospital so hope she was diagnosed properly and did offer to take her to a private doctor if she is not feeling better.

The point is, there is NO Reason to treat your employees like junk and ignore them when they say they don't feel well. It is to YOUR benefit if they are well and treated properly.

Plus this woman was vomiting and the manager thought she was good enough to serve food to customers?

Something is wrong with this story.

diesel

Expert Member
Seems to me the narrative has been manufactured to suit the EFF agenda , the way i see it the employee was alive when she got to hospital so why not blame the hospital and shut down the hospital instead?.

Makes more sense to have an evil white capitalist organisation like spur to blame and then the EFF can make themselves the saviors of humanity.

The_MAC

Executive Member
I am all for the compensation, even if it is out of compassion, I support it.

What I do not like is H&M, Clicks and now Spur, there is a dangerous precedent being set here.

Or, is our legal system not geared towards social justice? And if not, then why stop here, so much other horrendous things happening, but I don't see the EFF out and about ensuring everyone is being treated fairly..

surface

Honorary Master
I've never been a fan of eating a meal in a creche where waiters dance around my table singing Happy Birthday in Congolese and everything is LOUD.
Its a pity. Van tonder is getting poorer because of people like you.

Gyre

I am still saying people are undermining the EFF, they are going to do exceptionally well in the municipal elections. They have a strong civil rights agenda, they are proactive on social media, they set the emotional barometer and have a strong influence on the public interest. Wherever they campaign they are followed by other political parties, taking the lead by setting the tempo.

What they are doing here is what the South African people want from their politicians. Speaking of transformation isn't enough, taking it directly to where it matters is what is important.

Simply said,

they make small individual cases count for big success stories.

Many didn't expect them to do good with their first IEC election.

If only the DA could change their approach to be similar instead of the finger waving moaners party

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
IOL has a video in their article where the EFF demands to meet with the manager in question,

but ended up meeting with another,

E1MNcbfWQAM3G2b.width-800.jpg

"Three Chico the clowns please"