Sights and sounds of the MyBroadband 2014 conference

ranger

Expert Member
Here is one of my images from the MyBroadband conference:

2718067485.png

I managed to find myself in the 'Drinks' photo :)

Last edited by a moderator:

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Holy sht. Didn't realize it had grown to be Gallagher hall big. Last one was at a much smaller voda venue, no?

Also...from prior experience...the articles 2.5k people claim is solid. In fact that looks suspiciously like maybe a bit more by 100 or so.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
No wonder none of us couldn't even whatsapp in that network.......you were running speed tests!
Probably wifi congestion. 2k plus people is going to screw over the wifi no matter what you do...the wifi tech just can't deal with that density no matter how much fibre backbone you have.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Probably wifi congestion. 2k plus people is going to screw over the wifi no matter what you do...the wifi tech just can't deal with that density no matter how much fibre backbone you have.
Post edited with a smiley to explain myself

MagicDude4Eva

Banned
Just one question: Above the Yo-yo is that a small tub of vaseline (I think if it is, it's a fitting gift for anyone paying high broadband prices in SA):

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Was the CipherWave guy supposed to be eye candy for Ockie? :D

And where's the funny of the Neotel dude? :whistling:

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Just one question: Above the Yo-yo is that a small tub of vaseline (I think if it is, it's a fitting gift for anyone paying high broadband prices in SA):
It's not a tub of vaseline, it was a jar that you were supposed to take and go get it filled with Jelly Beans at the Mweb Business Stand.... :p
I had to do it more than once, just to be safe....

Goodies.jpg

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Was that jelly beans. Dang I thought they were handing out some good stuff when I saw your pic yesterday :D

MagicDude4Eva

Banned
It's not a tub of vaseline, it was a jar that you were supposed to take and go get it filled with Jelly Beans at the Mweb Business Stand.... :p
I had to do it more than once, just to be safe....
Lol, so you guys had to stand there with your little jars and get jellybeans? Knowing MWeb, they could only hand out one jellybean per user and throughput was really slow :whistling:

Dolby

Honorary Master
But they run wifi in high density areas often.

It'd either backend or equipment

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Lol, so you guys had to stand there with your little jars and get jellybeans? Knowing MWeb, they could only hand out one jellybean per user and throughput was really slow :whistling:
They had one of those pretty ladies from the Neotel Girls doing it, so I was suitably distracted while waiting.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Beats standing in line with little jars to donate their sperm :D