SIM still not connected after 24 hours of delivery

The Free Radical

I ordered my RAIN service on the 7th.

Yesterday the SIM was delivered by RAM couriers.

Firstly they would not accept my certified Lease Agreement which was signed on the 1st of the month. A lease agreement may be used for FICA purposes, yet Rain insists it's not acceptable. (They do not state this anywhere on their website or on signup)

The Lease is less than three months old so should have sufficed, as I have just moved into a new apartment and have not yet received snail mail at the new address. I was then forced to rush off my local police station to sign an affidavit of address, which I did and then had to wait for the courier to come around again to hand me my SIM pack.

Today, more than 28 hours later, my Rain dashboard still states my SIM has not been delivered.
I contacted live support and was told they would elevate the issue with their management and revert via email.
No response has been forthcoming, 8 hours later.

Their live support chat is now offline for the rest of the weekend till Monday and nobody has bothered to sort this out or respond.

I'm considering cancelling my service because of their lousy customer service.
Clip_3.jpg Clip_2.jpg

Last edited:

WAslayer

Expert Member
The minute my SIM was delivered I was online with their chat support, asking them to activate.. asked for the SIM number and 24 hours later I was good to go..

I ordered my RAIN service on the 7th.

Yesterday the SIM was delivered by RAM couriers.

Firstly they would not accept my certified Lease Agreement which was signed on the 1st of the month. A lease agreement may be used for FICA purposes, yet Rain insists it's not acceptable. (They do not state this anywhere on their website or on signup)

The Lease is less than three months old so should have sufficed, as I have just moved into a new apartment and have not yet received snail mail at the new address. I was then forced to rush off my local police station to sign an affidavit of address, which I did and then had to wait for the courier to come around again to hand me my SIM pack.

Today, more than 28 hours later, my Rain dashboard still states my SIM has not been delivered.
I contacted live support and was told they would elevate the issue with their management and revert via email.
No response has been forthcoming, 8 hours later.

Their live support chat is now offline for the rest of the weekend till Monday and nobody has bothered to sort this out or respond.

I'm considering cancelling my service because of their lousy customer service.
View attachment 577480 View attachment 577478
Mine was delivered on a Friday and only activated the following Wednesday. Customer service definitely not their strong point.

inanabhay

mine was delivered and RICA'd on the spot, activation email received about 30 minutes thereafter.

I couldn't believe that it was already active and, the router i had it in showed connected but no internet.
Later, I stuck the SIM in another router and internet was active and connected - guess the first router didn't have the required LTE bands

basil katakuzinos

mine was delivered and RICA'd on the spot, activation email received about 30 minutes thereafter.

I couldn't believe that it was already active and, the router i had it in showed connected but no internet.
Later, I stuck the SIM in another router and internet was active and connected - guess the first router didn't have the required LTE bands
Rain uses B3 any router should be able to connect

RedhotNeo

Expert Member
You do know you can call them and have your sim card activated immediately. took 5 min on the phone and was activated immediately.. they didnt even bother asking about RICA info

GoB

Expert Member
I had to figure out that an APN "rain" rain/blank should be set up.
Also doesn't work on my Sony Z3 but works on newer phones.

Stupid question:

My SIM card from Rain was activated this morning, however I’m not getting more than 3mbps when I use the speedtest app. I’m in the Athlone area in Cape Town and that seems to be in the middle of a coverage area.
The SIM card is in my iPad Pro and I’ve got a minimum of 3 bars signal on it.
Is this a realistic speed with this kind of signal ?

skimread

Executive Member
Wow just got SIM. Was using my MTN and downloading and watching youtube never gave me a problem over the past months but rain is night and day difference. Connection download speed go up and down every few seconds. Sites can't completely load. Websites frequently half load and stop. You are watching a youtube video then it completely stops. It's like the only thing it's useful for is downloads with a download manager that can autoresume where consistent download speed isn't a requirement
I'm in the middle of a heave residential coverage area so I guess the tower has too much connections to deal with but obviously the service definitively doesn't take into account QoS.

Last edited: