Simone Biles addresses her critics after stepping back from Olympic Games

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
What's the hardest thing you have ever done? Could it have killed you?

Served on military operations for a 10 year period, worked in dodgy places where a ransom was on my head, worked on dangerous oil exploration and production platforms, worked at sea and several others such as high voltage systems, high pressure systems, in areas with Hydrogen Sulfide gas and at heights with rope access.

You decide whether my jobs could have killed me.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Yeah I can't see her browsing MyBB the entire day tbh

Ah, the joys of being semi retired and a farmer in winter. The biggest job this week was surveying how many irrigation ball cocks cracked due to icing for replacement before spring.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
She trained long and hard for the Olympics, and she knew what kind of flak she would get if she quit. And she still did it. Pro athletes work incredibly hard, and she had to give up on that for now. Her next chance at the Olympics is when she's 28, which is pretty old for a gymnast.
It does indeed take courage to quit. It would have been much easier to take a chance, perform and hope everything will be fine.

People handle stress, anxiety and depression differently.

It could not have been an easy decision and I definitely don't judge her for it. I'll judge her the day that I know what it's like to compete in gymnastics at a high level. When I've worked hard for something my whole life and then find out it would be a serious risk if I don't stop doing it right then and there, with the whole world watching and judging. I