Simone Biles addresses her critics after stepping back from Olympic Games

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Hope they also don’t waste food because there’s starving children in Africa.
The virtue signalling is strong.
Did you run out of things to say for your argument and then drew a random....virtue signalling? LOL, what was that?

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Isn’t that the prize?
Yes and her competition didn’t qualify to compete.

Is she selfish for not giving someone else a chance? No.
Is she selfish for thinking about herself like any person? Yes.

The prize is winning the gold. All athletes are employed by sponsors.

Agree with the rest.

Gyre

Expert Member
Did you run out of things to say for your argument and then drew a random....virtue signalling? LOL, what was that?

She isn't some pastor taking a sunday off from preaching a lie to her congregation, this requires actual work and effort :p

Maybe if she just prayed her issues away....

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Not sure how your mind and body can be out of sync. Is this like some psychological issues or something?

I occasionally have when I need to take quick piss but my word 1 minute later it's still flowing. I'm like "Cmon I'm late for morning scrum here pal!!" Mind wants one thing body another.
I know you do long drives.
Can you just go from that into coding?
Mental fatigue takes it toll.

You know the phrase, “mind is strong, spirit is weak”. Kinda like that.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
I dunno why the same people can't call a dick move a dick move.
She's still one of the greatest gymnasts, but damn this was in bad taste. Someone else would have loved to be there; she's like nah shame I already have enough of these.

Honest in your confusion, yes yes.
That made no sense, which is fitting I guess.
You want her to show some virtue right?
Give someone who would have loved to be there a chance?

Just because you love doing something, doesn’t make you good at it.
Honesty not kindness.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
You want her to show some virtue right?
Give someone who would have loved to be there a chance?

Just because you love doing something, doesn’t make you good at it.
Honesty not kindness.
No, I don't want her to show virtue, I want her to finish what she committed to that affects many people besides herself.

It's like someone commits to present at a big conference and then pulls out 5min beforehand. Dck move. Even if you have to stand up there and vomit from nervousness, you committed. You don't pull out just before and screw everyone else over. That's a dck move.

In the end that's exactly what she pulled here.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
No, I don't want her to show virtue, I want her to finish what she committed to that affects many people besides herself.

It's like someone commits to present at a big conference and then pulls out 5min beforehand. Dck move. Even if you have to stand up there and vomit from nervousness, you committed. You don't pull out just before and screw everyone else over. That's a dck move.

In the end that's exactly what she pulled here.
Yup, how dare someone pull out 5mins before because they earned it.
We all know the China-virus is a hoax.
/s

She went through the effort to just to pull out, get a grip.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Yup, how dare someone pull out 5mins before because they earned it.
We all know the China-virus is a hoax.
/s

She went through the effort to just to pull out, get a grip.
She committed. She took the place of athletes that probably would have only had a once-in-a-lifetime shot at competing at the Olympics.

Then after she committed and took their place, she walked away at the last minute not allowing for a replacement. Dck move buddy any way you spin it.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
She committed. She took the place of athletes that probably would have only had a once-in-a-lifetime shot at competing at the Olympics.

Then after she committed and took their place, she walked away at the last minute not allowing for a replacement. Dck move buddy any way you spin it.
Once-in-a-lifetime? Meaning not good enough?

She walked away from winning a medal, which you can guess would be awarded to her.
If they weren’t better than her locally, what chance would they have internationally?

Again get a grip.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Once-in-a-lifetime? Meaning not good enough?

She walked away from winning a medal, which you can guess would be awarded to her.
If they weren’t better than her locally, what chance would they have internationally?

Again get a grip.
Dude she is amazingly talented. That doesn't mean she can't be an absolute twat, A.K.A what she did here.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
That twisties sounds scary AF and no athlete would risk criticism, hard work and a medal to drop out.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Dude she is amazingly talented. That doesn't mean she can't be an absolute twat, A.K.A what she did here.

What did she do that makes her a 'twat'? Why do you feel the need to use that language to describe her? Kerri Strug had to retire early because she was forced to push her body beyond its limits in the Olympics, and she has been openly supportive of Simone Biles.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Absolute twat because she doesn’t want to play a stupid game and win a stupid prize?

Would you do it? Would you take a chance knowing when you fail, let alone compete, you may never walk again?
Would you take that risk or be a twat?

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Absolute twat because she doesn’t want to play a stupid game and win a stupid prize?

Would you do it? Would you take a chance knowing when you fail, let alone compete, you may never walk again?
Would you take that risk or be a twat?
Why commit to it then and take someone else's spot? Exactly the point, dafty mcDaft.

R13...

Honorary Master
Why is this such a big deal? Is this some anti woke thing in America? An athlete has made a choice not to compete. Maybe she's attention seeking maybe not but so what? Let her be.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Why is this such a big deal? An athlete has made a choice not to compete. Maybe she's attention seeking maybe not but so what? Let her be.
Because the same people put athletes on pedestals.

“I can’t believe Armstrong cheated”
Like come on

The inability to understand people have flaws, goes to such ridiculous reasoning that they’re willing to undermine the point of the competition.