Simone Biles addresses her critics after stepping back from Olympic Games

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Why is this such a big deal? Is this some anti woke thing in America? An athlete has made a choice not to compete. Maybe she's attention seeking maybe not but so what? Let her be.
She pulled out last second without any change in her conditioning and screwed over her teammates who had a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to win at the Olympics.

It's not that big a deal (if compared to poverty, everything is relative) but I know I'd be pretty peeved if someone did that to me. Wouldn't you?

The way she did it strikes me as someone who has won so often, she doesn't respect how hard others might have worked to get there so she ruins their chances without much thought.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
She pulled out last second without any change in her conditioning and screwed over her teammates who had a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to win at the Olympics.

It's not that big a deal (if compared to poverty, everything is relative) but I know I'd be pretty peeved if someone did that to me. Wouldn't you?
This is the same logic used in workplaces.
We are a ‘family’ but you aren’t.

Teams are exactly that, when you’re not good enough you’re out.
You don’t get to decide her conditioning.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
This is the same logic used in workplaces.
We are a ‘family’ but you aren’t.

Teams are exactly that, when you’re not good enough you’re out.
You don’t get to decide her conditioning.
She admitted herself her conditioning is fine. LOL! Stuuuupid.
And just like at work, if you COMMIT to doing the big presentation you don't flake out 5min beforehand. Nothing to do with work being a family, not sure where you got that nonsense from.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
She admitted herself her conditioning is fine. LOL! Stuuuupid.
And just like at work, if you COMMIT to doing the big presentation you don't flake out 5min beforehand. Nothing to do with work being a family, not sure where you got that nonsense from.
Maybe she’s over committed from carrying the entire team?
Exactly like work situations when not everyone is pulling their own weight.

Instead of admit it, they rather attack the one person doing the most.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Maybe she’s over committed from carrying the entire team?
Exactly like work situations when not everyone is pulling their own weight.

Instead of admit it, they rather attack the one person doing the most.
Dude, you will go round and round for a way to defend this flake who backed out of her commitment and screwed her mates no matter what.
You have a pretty crappy view to believe this behaviour is cool, that's all I gotta say.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Dude, you will go round and round for a way to defend this flake who backed out of her commitment and screwed her mates no matter what.
You have a pretty crappy view to believe this behaviour is cool, that's all I gotta say.
I’m not defending her, I’m defending the reasoning behind the choice.

You can’t say she’s talented and she risked the entire team’s chance of once-in-a-lifetime.

It doesn’t make sense logically because that team is operating incorrectly.
You’ve highlighted that the rest of the team’s ability to produce results is inconsistent.
In the end the non-performers will be taken out, and she’ll be back with a new team.

Again, if she went through with it and could never compete again, she would be out of that team, easily.
Worse she could never do it solo again either.

All you’re saying she’s a twat because she didn’t do what you wanted, not that you wouldn’t do the same in her position.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
I’m not defending her, I’m defending the reasoning behind the choice.

You can’t say she’s talented and she risked the entire team’s chance of once-in-a-lifetime.

It doesn’t make sense logically because that team is operating incorrectly.
You’ve highlighted that the rest of the team’s ability to produce results is inconsistent.
In the end the non-performers will be taken out, and she’ll be back with a new team.

Again, if she went through would it and could never compete again, she would be out of that team, easily.
Worse she could never do it solo again either.
Of course you can.
They might have won if someone else took that position. She committed. No one forced her. There are tons and tons of athletes that would have loved to have the opportunity. She occupied the position and then didn't even try.

But of course, this is all Greek to putty brains. It doesn't make logical sense to the putty brain. Or so you say.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Of course you can.
They might have won if someone else took that position. She committed. No one forced her. There are tons and tons of athletes that would have loved to have the opportunity. She occupied the position and then didn't even try.

But of course, this is all Greek to putty brains. It doesn't make logical sense to the putty brain. Or so you say.
Really shocking then that they picked her.
Would be shocking if they pick her again, wouldn’t it?

Why you keep avoiding to answer the question if you wouldn’t do the same in her position? Like she’s held to some higher standard.

You got to have putty when you build pedestals.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Really shocking then that they picked her.
Would be shocking if they pick her again, wouldn’t it?

Why you keep avoiding to answer the question if you wouldn’t do the same in her position? Like she’s held to some higher standard.
They picked her because she said she would do the performance, putty brain. Really shocking, yes. Truly shocking that if a superstar says they will do something, that you will pick them.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
They picked her because she said she would do the performance, putty brain. Really shocking, yes. Truly shocking that if a superstar says they will do something, that you will pick them.
Superstar? Sounds awfully close to Rockstar developers.
Wonder what they have in common.

azbob

Honorary Master
Some people don’t seem to understand how sports work.
Someone else ( who would be second best) did take her position and the team still didn’t win gold. If she hadn’t come at all, someone third best would’ve came instead and what chance would they have had then? Outrage over nothing as usual.

Rather be pissed at Djokovic for pulling out of the mixed doubles bronze after losing in the men’s bronze, that screwed his partner over way worse considering no subs are allowed.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Some people don’t seem to understand how sports work.
Someone else ( who would be second best) did take her position and the team still didn’t win gold. If she hadn’t come at all, someone third best would’ve came instead and what chance would they have had then? Outrage over nothing as usual.
Non-performers are outraged.
How can this person not carry us, she didn’t consider us in her personal choice that affects her personally.

Gyre

Expert Member
Why is this such a big deal? Is this some anti woke thing in America? An athlete has made a choice not to compete. Maybe she's attention seeking maybe not but so what? Let her be.

If they admit she had a valid reason for pulling out, the leftists won :p

Cray

Honorary Master
Of course you can.
They might have won if someone else took that position.
Um. when she pulled out of the team event someone did take over her position, and they (the team) got silver,...

If she had continued with the team while not in the right frame of mind she could have been injured and/or tanked the teams chances of medalling,

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/simone-biles-gymnastics-replacement-drop-out/

Biles pulled out before several Olympic events occurred. The first one she missed was the team finals, in which gymnasts from each team complete in each of four events: vault, balance beam, uneven bars and floor exercise.

Biles was set to compete in three events during the team finals. Jordan Chiles took her place on uneven bars and balance beam and Suni Lee replaced her on floor exercise. The team earned silver.

You should read the whole article, it's complicated but there are plenty of options for replacements.

Howdy

Expert Member
She isn't some pastor taking a sunday off from preaching a lie to her congregation, this requires actual work and effort :p

Maybe if she just prayed her issues away....
Why do you feel the need to drag religion into this, then slant it?

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
OT but this goes back to other discussion, you have to question who benefits.
If you notice the sides are kinda switched on this one.

Last edited: