Sinotec TV 5 year guarantee questions.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
While I agree with you to wait until 2017, I am not sure where you get that the big brands are not getting it right?

The only "undelivered" part for 4k right now is basically content. Otherwise there are quite a few TV's that now meet the official standard for "4K"

Each manufacturer has a handful (literally one or two) at the very top end of their ranges which most people don't afford or want to afford.

However next to those on the cheaper fronts they still sell UHD sets that aren't conforming to specification.

2017 and onwards we should hopefully see every UHD labelled TV hitting the market conform to specification.

Devo1

Expert Member
Slight necro

The old man living next door to me has a Sinotec 28" LED TV he bought at Lewis Stores (cash) on 30 August 2017.

On monday he asked me to come and have a look at his tv as there is no picture only sound. After some testing I concluded that the screen is completely dead.

I went to Lewis but they say that they only cover a 12 month warranty, after which they have nothing to do with the appliances anymore. I then contacted Sinoprima and they insist Lewis must take the TV and book it for repairs with them (Sinoprima).

What must I do to help the old man now? Lewis wont take the TV and Sinoprima want me to leave the tv at Lewis?

TIA

Sensorei

Executive Member
Slight necro

The old man living next door to me has a Sinotec 28" LED TV he bought at Lewis Stores (cash) on 30 August 2017.

On monday he asked me to come and have a look at his tv as there is no picture only sound. After some testing I concluded that the screen is completely dead.

I went to Lewis but they say that they only cover a 12 month warranty, after which they have nothing to do with the appliances anymore. I then contacted Sinoprima and they insist Lewis must take the TV and book it for repairs with them (Sinoprima).

What must I do to help the old man now? Lewis wont take the TV and Sinoprima want me to leave the tv at Lewis?

TIA

Retailers are under no obligation to offer a guarantee over and above that is stipulated in the consumer protection act unless they advertise an extended warranty. The 5 year warranty on Sinotec TVs must be claimed through Sinoprima. Legally, Lewis can tell you to take it directly to Sinoprima who will definitely repair/replace it, unless Lewis advertises the 5 year warranty, in which case they are responsible for shipping faulty units back to Sinoprima.

Devo1

Expert Member
Retailers are under no obligation to offer a guarantee over and above that is stipulated in the consumer protection act unless they advertise an extended warranty. The 5 year warranty on Sinotec TVs must be claimed through Sinoprima. Legally, Lewis can tell you to take it directly to Sinoprima who will definitely repair/replace it, unless Lewis advertises the 5 year warranty, in which case they are responsible for shipping faulty units back to Sinoprima.

That is how I understood it, but what happens now that Sinoprima want me to take it to Lewis so that Lewis can send it to them?

My location (Worcester) makes it difficult to drop it off at Sinoprima if they maybe give me this option. i dont even know where the nearest Sinoprima is located.

Thanks for your help