SIP Credentials on Telkom "landline" Numbers

atkins

I have just converted to LTE as a replacement for my landline and ADSL. My phone plugs in to the router and works, without a need for a SIP phone. That said, if I want to install a phone app on my android phone, to use the SIP account for my 031- number, how do I get my SIP credentials? If I can get it to work, do I have to connect to the internet via a Telkom internet connection?

bobcpt

The fixed line look a like service works over 3g and you should be able to put the simcard in an old cellphone. On their website they do mention a consumer voip based service which does not require the traditional line rental fees etc, but my attempts to get information about it have been unsuccessful. It does seem like you have to convert your flla service to voip/sip though.

Look at the ip voice setup guide at the bottom of the following web page which contains information about setting it up.

If you manage to convert to the voip/sip solution, please post an update of the equipment that you received and how well it works.

thehuman

Expert Member
Im sure they use volte type service and not sip , would like to convert our lind line to sip tho

Turbogo

I have just converted to LTE as a replacement for my landline and ADSL. My phone plugs in to the router and works, without a need for a SIP phone. That said, if I want to install a phone app on my android phone, to use the SIP account for my 031- number, how do I get my SIP credentials? If I can get it to work, do I have to connect to the internet via a Telkom internet connection?
Hi, Did you ever come right with this? I'm facing the same issues

Cyjon

I’m facing a similar issue…..or a couple of similar issues. I’ve got Telkom LTE smart broadband (unlimited) with a Huawei B315 LTE router that has an RJ11 socket and SIP setup functionality. I put in a request for IP Voice with Telkom and after getting the link etc. followed the migration process (https://media.telkom.co.za/today/media/downloads/IP_Voice_Set_Up_Guide_2.pdf) but the status stays at ‘Pending Provision’ and hasn’t moved to ‘Registered’. I phoned technical support and they say everything is ok on their side.

Questions:

Does it stay pending until the router connects for the first time?

Is the configuration I’m using (attached) correct because the guide is for the D-Link DWR-956.

Is the configuration of the Account and User Name (attached) in the router setup correct?

Attachments

• B315 SIP Voip User Name.png
    B315 SIP Voip User Name.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 14
  • B315 Voip Address.png
    B315 Voip Address.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IP Voice Status.png
    IP Voice Status.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 13
  • User Name.png
    User Name.png
    107 KB · Views: 12

nicroets

Im sure they use volte type service and not sip , would like to convert our lind line to sip tho
I ported our land line to Fresh Phone. It's a sip account, but they also provide an Android app.

The app didn't run stable on my phone and my internet connection. (I was traveling a lot). So no one calls me on it anymore.

But I know some business are running on the same infrastructure as Fresh Phone. So there must be a way to run it stable.

mh348

Expert Member
I’m facing a similar issue…..or a couple of similar issues. I’ve got Telkom LTE smart broadband (unlimited) with a Huawei B315 LTE router that has an RJ11 socket and SIP setup functionality. I put in a request for IP Voice with Telkom and after getting the link etc. followed the migration process (https://media.telkom.co.za/today/media/downloads/IP_Voice_Set_Up_Guide_2.pdf) but the status stays at ‘Pending Provision’ and hasn’t moved to ‘Registered’. I phoned technical support and they say everything is ok on their side.

Questions:

Does it stay pending until the router connects for the first time?

Is the configuration I’m using (attached) correct because the guide is for the D-Link DWR-956.

Is the configuration of the Account and User Name (attached) in the router setup correct?
Did you come right with this?

I just received my login details, but can't seem to connect.

I tried Zoiper, Yealink SIP-T21P Desk phone and a Huawei B316 router

On the Telkom Dashboard it shows "Registered" after refreshing the page