Siphiwe Nyanda has failed to the detriment of the communications industry: DA

burn

Expert Member
Haha, they are being generous ;) Guess you get a 1 for pitching for work, some of the time. Wish the Minister of the DoC would stop being treated as a position that presidents put their buddies that they owe a favour. I don't think Padayachie is such a placement and hopefully he can get things going.

snobee

Not that I think much of Nyanda, but how the hell does this make any difference. It is like me supplying my top 10 list... maybe a nice read, but no one gives a stuff, and it certainly won't make any difference to Nyanda, the government, or the ANC?

NuclearStr1der

Not that I think much of Nyanda, but how the hell does this make any difference. It is like me supplying my top 10 list... maybe a nice read, but no one gives a stuff, and it certainly won't make any difference to Nyanda, the government, or the ANC?

I think you do have a point. It's not telling us anything new - we need to see performance improvements, something we've already known for years.

Where do we go from here? Another report?

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Yeah... it actually sounds kinda juvenile to me. Like lists girls used to make in primary school.

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
Yeah... it actually sounds kinda juvenile to me. Like lists girls used to make in primary school.

I think that's their job as the opposition? Or would you rather they ignore than speak out on ineptitude?

MVGL

:sick:

They all just point fingers at each other. Look at this Padayachi Idiot living in a Hotel for so many years but he really tried to persuade his seniors that this was not the way and it took four years to persuade them.

What the heck is this clown going to do for the Telecom industry ?

These fatcats have only one agenda. Line the pockets and only their pockets. They do not give a continental Fnck about you or I but we have to pay our Taxes.

We have so much combined knowledge on this Forum...surely there is something we can do to create awareness to the plebs.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
The DA gives the former Minister of Communications a mark of 10%, down from the 30% he received last year

I give the DA a mark of 30% for that ... as Nyanda was awarded 10 percentage points too many
President Zuma is one of the weakest performers in his own Cabinet, scoring only 2. The DA said that this low score was earned for a year of broken promises and failure to practice as he preaches, and for his complete failure to drive critical projects.

Okay so that'll be +30% for getting that one spot-on. Sadly the Prez continues to overcommit and woefully under-deliver.

And just exactly how did he think he could justify Nyanda's appointment after canning his butt for his immense failures in the DoC?

Amongst other things, the DA pointed to the fact that Nyanda only spent 11.6% of the department's information and communications technology (ICT) budget.

:eek: ... wait! there was a fairly large saving when after fired Mamodupi Mohlala earlier in the year?

Either way the 10% he got awarded was way too generous.

grok

Honorary Master
It's not about performance, it's about helping a brother out. Everyone knows Zuma & old gap-tooth used to be bum chums - why else did you think he got the cushy parliament job after his dismal failure as comms minister?
Sipiwe only promoted his own business & tenders during official time, we all know it, but in the ANC's eyes that is justified 'cos it's 'the previously oppressed stealing from the oppressor'. We owe them. Like big.
Don't expect it to become better either, you just have to look north, the great big African rot has set in and is here to stay.

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Everytime I see the picture of that buffoon I just want to :sick:

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Take back his Beemers and then I will get him and Ruben September to do some garden work for me on Saturdays.