Siri is great.

akescpt

Honorary Master
just did some googling around time features. very interesting.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Siri's real power is that it can understand instructions like "Remind me to buy milk when I leave home tomorrow" and automatically add a location sensitive reminder for tomorrow that alerts me to buy milk when I leave the house. As nicely as Google can search based on voice, it just doesn't have anything like this integration with Android.

Exactly! That's what I use it for mostly.

I see something while I'm driving around and it triggers a thought and I immediately tell Siri to remind me when I get to the office or later that day or whatever.

It doesn't even matter if actual reminder is wrong because I can normally figure out exactly what I intended it for, but the fact that I don't forget and don't need to use my phone illegally makes all the difference.

Lord Flacko

Expert Member
I prefer Siri, it has great character. As for Google Now, it's also great. Siri came out first so I have to give it to Apple here.

DominionZA

Executive Member
Google Now != Siri :confused:

Yes, they do similar things, but can't really compare.

Keeper

Honorary Master
You must set Google voice search language to English (US), if it's on English (South Africa) it is absolutely useless.

No man, you must just know how to speak with Google voice on ZA settings.

say: "Howzit Google, my china - I'm lank hungry and need directions Bru... can you tell me where the steers is at?"

tRoN

Executive Member
Just realized that Siri cannot activate Bluetooth or wifi. :(
When I ask why not he says "I often wondered why myself "