Sit, Stay, Good boy! The dog thread.

wizardofid

Executive Member
As much as I love cats, I do love my dogs as well.

Rhodesian_Ridgeback_4500.jpg

Have the following dog, not the actual pic have to gone hunting of a pic of mine, know I posted it some where on here.She is an absolute push over dog with proper training, thought it doesn't like strangers it isn't a nippy or an aggressive breed, my cat literally slept on top of the dog during winter, 4 year old cuz falls over it, doesn't move an inch, just don't pull her tail.

She is old about 13 years and already starting to show some joint problems common with this breed.Will likely have to find another guard dog eventually, will likely get another Rhodesian Ridgeback, they are just awesome, however have been offer a pup of a great Dane pair, and tempted.However a husky is also on my list of dogs to get, considering my climate here is well suited to the breed.Oh an a Bull Mastiff, seriously cool dogs thought they are not stranger friendly.

On the smaller side I had 3 dachshunds seriously of all small dogs the are just kick ass, sadly two passed away in the last few years. So def want to get two again.
Thai Ridgeback also look awesome not sure they are common in SA :(

What dogs do you have ?

Attachments

Last edited:

Batista

Executive Member
I have 2 naughty dogs.The smallest one is digging up the whole freaking yard.What can i do to stop this?I dont want to spray anything that will damage the ground because its my lawn.

Polish

Immigrant
My daws, Spike (Belgian Shepherd) and Jeff (Lab).

Old'ish photo, they are now just over a year and twice as big.

They have finished my garden, completely, whatever was there to pull out or dig up has been done.

Alas, I still love them to bits.:)

Shaun108

Executive Member
This is my dog, his name is Rocky. I'm not sure what sort of breed he is since my brother got him from the local SPCA. He is very fierce with strangers. Gets along well with children and relatives though.

View attachment 133137

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
This thread is pointless without landmines all over the place :D

wizardofid

Executive Member
@Polish

Considering I am dog hunting how is the shepherd very active like the rest of the breed ? I like the great dane, however my problem I need to dig a big ass hole if some thing should happen to it, life expectancy is only about 7 years. :( I don't want to get a too active dog getting older my self, but still need a dog with a personality and good with kids, which why the ridgebacks are so awesome.

TelkomUseless

Executive Member
We have a basset (1 year old male), Jack Russel (male ,3 years) and a Staffie (female, 3 years).

Basset is crazy, he plays like a mofo. JR is tennis ball bef()k, Staffie is friendly. The Jack Russel is the alpha male.. he rules them with an iron fist :D. The Staffie can kill him (when they play, she dominates him in power), but she obeys him...

b_crazy

Expert Member
This is my dog, his name is Rocky. I'm not sure what sort of breed he is since my brother got him from the local SPCA. He is very fierce with strangers. Gets along well with children and relatives though.

View attachment 133137
Those eyes...

You've been smoking weed with Rocky?

You don't need to answer that, that smile he has tells me everything :p

Polish

Immigrant
My daws, Spike (Belgian Shepherd) and Jeff (Lab).

Old'ish photo, they are now just over a year and twice as big.

They have finished my garden, completely, whatever was there to pull out or dig up has been done.

Alas, I still love them to bits.:)
A pic of the dawgs

dawgs (2).jpg

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I have 2 naughty dogs.The smallest one is digging up the whole freaking yard.What can i do to stop this?I dont want to spray anything that will damage the ground because its my lawn.
We fill the holes with the landmines.

Shaun108

Executive Member
Those eyes...

You've been smoking weed with Rocky?

You don't need to answer that, that smile he has tells me everything :p

Haha! Yeah he just ate a huge meal and I had to coax him to snap a pic through my window :)

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
My pooch that my brother hates (convinced she's going to murder him in his sleep)...

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

Sepeng

Expert Member
Labrador, 12 months. He's banshee crazy, proper mental. i believe he understands every word I'm saying, because he manages to do the exact opposite every time. Has destroyed our garden, been through 3 hosepipes, stolen our neighbours shoes a few times. He never stays in the back of the car when we drive somewhere - insists on sitting in the front passenger seat and setting off the danged seat belt buzzer thing, or on my lap and causing near accidents. Has run into more than one random persons house with me chasing behind (those are awkward conversations to have, explaining why you're in some ones lounge with your dog munching on a bra). funnily enough, my 8 month old is the one person that is able to terrorise him.
Love him to bits, but he is 4 handfuls.

wizardofid

Executive Member
Dammit granny has more important things to do than pose for a pic, like finding a sunny spot, as you can see, she is pretty old. :(

IMG_20140717_153421.jpg

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
There is only one type of dog worth having as part of your family... and no I'm not biased at all, I promise.

bullterrier01.jpg