Sit, Stay, Good boy! The dog thread.

smi

Expert Member
Had to put down my 2yo boxer last night.

He was born with polycystic kidneys and suddenly became very sick about a week ago.

Took him to TAH and they sent him home after an overnight stay, with a R6300 bill, a bladder infection diagnosis and a bag full of anti-biotics.

He did not get better on the pills so I took him to another vet yesterday morning for a second opinion.

Admin lady called at about 1pm saying the vet made an appointment to personally see me at 6pm...so I knew something was up.

When I got there he was at 80% kidney failure and technically dying from blood poisoning.

Wife and my 2 kids were hysterical when I got home with the news.

RIP: Gumball

View attachment 664358
Rough when that happens, sorry to hear

acidrain

Expert Member
My furry friend. Not very good at smiling for the camera it seems. Still runs around like a crazy adolescent which becomes a problem because being 14yo, injuries are more likely.

Getting to the stage now where gotta start considering being without her. Developed subcuntaneous tumor in January which had surgically removed but it grew back. Vet recommended not to do anymore surgeries due to increasing complications with age and rather just try minimize the growth through homeopathic remedies, super foods in her diet and monthly checkups to measure the growth. May's checkup showed that the growth has almost stopped so hopefully she will get to live her full life.

15966273_10157988279080104_2052063064322128776_n.jpg

Last edited:

Kornhole

Blackburn Fan

He was born with polycystic kidneys and suddenly became very sick about a week ago.

Took him to TAH and they sent him home after an overnight stay, with a R6300 bill, a bladder infection diagnosis and a bag full of anti-biotics.

He did not get better on the pills so I took him to another vet yesterday morning for a second opinion.

Admin lady called at about 1pm saying the vet made an appointment to personally see me at 6pm...so I knew something was up.

When I got there he was at 80% kidney failure and technically dying from blood poisoning.

View attachment 664358
Poor baby. R. I. P

KT-B

Honorary Master

View attachment 664358
Oh my gosh I am so sorry. To lose one that young is really hard. What a beautiful face he had.

Venomous

Honorary Master
My furry friend. Not very good at smiling for the camera it seems. Still runs around like a crazy adolescent which becomes a problem because being 14yo, injuries are more likely.

Getting to the stage now where gotta start considering being without her. Developed sarcoma in January which had surgically removed but it grew back. Vet recommended not to do anymore surgeries due to increasing complications with age and rather just try minimize the growth through homeopathic remedies, super foods in her diet and monthly checkups to measure the growth. May's checkup showed that the growth has almost stopped so hopefully she will get to live her full life.

View attachment 664448
Have you considered a rawfood diet?

I've been doing a lot of reading on foods the last while. And there seems to be many going for a raw food diet as it does not contain the grain and chemicals of pellets.

It seems to make a huge difference to their hair and skin. And many say it is very good for them inside.

View attachment 664358
My deepest sympathies.
Had to say goodbye to my 15-year old girlie, Scylla, yesterday too.
She was the Best Girl.
scylla.jpg

The_Mowgs

Executive Member
Have you considered a rawfood diet?

I've been doing a lot of reading on foods the last while. And there seems to be many going for a raw food diet as it does not contain the grain and chemicals of pellets.

It seems to make a huge difference to their hair and skin. And many say it is very good for them inside.
100% agree with you. Let me put it this way. My one shar pei had skin issues since about 6 months, but when I say issues I mean he was on allergex his ENTIRE life, cortisone every second month and a whole host of ear issues etc etc.

He was on hills science diet, you name it, he was on it. It cost us thousands upon thousands.

We switched both over to raw food and not one allergex, not one cortisone, no ear infections NOTHING!!

I will never put a dog on pellets again, they have been eating meat since they were made and it works for ours.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Very cute there dude....

I can see the naughty, but I can see the face that will allow it to get away with every little bit of naughty it perpetuates in your life.