Sit, Stay, Good boy! The dog thread.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Picking up bad habits and giving me attitude.

He picks up all sorts of crap and sneaks it into the house. Caught him this time.

Worst is when you get home, take your shoes off and 30 seconds later the hunt for your socks is on.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Picking up bad habits and giving me attitude.

View attachment 749689

He picks up all sorts of crap and sneaks it into the house. Caught him this time.

Worst is when you get home, take your shoes off and 30 seconds later the hunt for your socks is on.
Please dont let underage dogs smoke, it is very detrimental to their development

Venomous

Honorary Master
This guy grows quick. Since we got him in August, he has probably quadruple in size and weight. Like in 4 months :

16 August 2019

View attachment 755872

05 November 2019

View attachment 755874

02 December 2019

View attachment 755876
Adorable! :D

The female rescue pup we adopted end of july had picked up 12 kgs by mid November. (need to weigh her again)
No more horrible protruding ribs, even though she is sleek. Her back is less than 2 cm lower than our 46kg boy(3 in mid march 2020). Pup's probably going to be bigger than him as her feet are already slightly bigger than his.

They are both spoilt brats!

SAguy

Expert Member
Love my dog 1 year old ridgeback so much, she's well behaved in that she never damages anything or counter surfs. We have no children so she's our everything, but things are becoming so hard.

She is anxious and territorial with visitors, to the point where she's aggressive and confrontational. Whenever someone walks past the house, even if she's inside she goes ballistic. So every 30 minutes if someone walks by we have to get up, usher her away from the window and spend 10 minutes calming her down.

Then our neighbours cats... she sees or hears one in the middle of the night and then it's chaos as we try get her to settle down. Can't even watch tv with her in the room if there are any animals on.

This in turn has given me levels of anxiety I don't know if I can deal with for another 10-12 years. We had a guest over now, and after a 10 minute intro time in the front yard with the dog we came in. Later the lady got up to go to the bathroom and my dog charged after her, luckily I managed to get my dogs attention.

This is hard. Makes me wish holidays were over so I could be back at work. We've had a behaviourist over and it has helped a bit, but it's still so difficult. Again, this is our baby and she's a dream when it's quiet outside and it's just us... but the rest of the time I'm just regretting this decision to get her.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Try talking to your vet about calming medication... But also talk to a behaviorist to see if maybe something you are doing is reinforcing the behavior.

The little one pictured above is a permanent ball of nerves and it's driven me up the wall but I know that some of it is down to me so I've had to work hard on myself to stop reinforcing the behavior and slowly but surely it is reaping its rewards... She spent an hour this evening sleeping on my lap cuddling her teddy... A year ago she would have destroyed the teddy in 5 minutes and then been charging around the garden.