Sites for Completely Free and Legal Software!

spiff

Expert Member
morning guys

any free / simple to use animation software I could use to animate maths / trigonometry for my students?

bdt

Executive Member
dupeGuru:
dupeGuru is a tool to find duplicate files on your computer. It can scan either filenames or contents. The filename scan features a fuzzy matching algorithm that can find duplicate filenames even when they are not exactly the same. dupeGuru runs on Mac OS X and Linux.

dupeGuru is efficient. Find your duplicate files in minutes, thanks to its quick fuzzy matching algorithm. dupeGuru not only finds filenames that are the same, but it also finds similar filenames.

dupeGuru is good with music. It has a special Music mode that can scan tags and shows music-specific information in the duplicate results window.

dupeGuru is good with pictures. It has a special Picture mode that can scan pictures fuzzily, allowing you to find pictures that are similar, but not exactly the same.

dupeGuru is customizable. You can tweak its matching engine to find exactly the kind of duplicates you want to find. The Preference page of the help file lists all the scanning engine settings you can change.

dupeGuru is safe. Its engine has been especially designed with safety in mind. Its reference directory system as well as its grouping system prevent you from deleting files you didn't mean to delete.

Do whatever you want with your duplicates. Not only can you delete duplicates files dupeGuru finds, but you can also move or copy them elsewhere. There are also multiple ways to filter and sort your results to easily weed out false duplicates (for low threshold scans).
It's also cross-platform for the big three with the only real caveat that he offloaded maintenance of the Windows version.

spiff

Expert Member
morning guys - not sure if I got the software from here, but what it allowed me to do was to create named boxes on the desktop and allow me to place all shortcuts relating to the project into the box for easy access.

not sure what it was called? desktop boundaries or boxes? I thought I had copied all my downloads from my previous companies pc, but alas I can not find this software.

anyone recall or know of this little utility?

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
morning guys - not sure if I got the software from here, but what it allowed me to do was to create named boxes on the desktop and allow me to place all shortcuts relating to the project into the box for easy access.

not sure what it was called? desktop boundaries or boxes? I thought I had copied all my downloads from my previous companies pc, but alas I can not find this software.

I think that Stardock had a version called fences...
https://www.stardock.com/products/fences/

Daruk

Honorary Master

Those little boxes are called folders :D

/ducks

PhireSide

Executive Member

This one? Fences :)

500miles

Any multi-solution for installing drivers on laptops without internet connection? Remember i saw one, long time ago, but can't find it(
I will give my vote for SnailDriver.
A rare clean free updater without any adwares and malwares. Most of all, before finding and downloading the driver components, it backs up all drivers on your computer just to be on the safe side.