Raithlin

Executive Member
You can also consider Microsoft Family Safety if your router doesn't have the functionality already mentioned. It may require you getting a little less soft (I'm a father and I recommend you do that anyway ;) ) to add him to your family, but once that's done I believe the rest takes care of itself.
it is a windows 10 pc.I am single father and its got to the point where i cant take it no more.Since lockdown he has been in front of the pc 24 /7.I am a softy so he gets away with it but no no.lol

Good luck!

Mars

Honorary Master
Guys i am looking for a solution to stop my kid from having internet access on his laptop at certain times.He is connected via wfi.i want a program installed on his pc to switch the internet or block it after 11 etc,but at the same it needs to be hidden from him and he cant hack or bypass it. .
Or at least block roblox site from 11pm till 2pm
Use the Microsoft Family safety app on your phone. I have set this up for my son. I set bedtimes and it automatically warns him that it bed time 15 minuted before, and then it locks at 9. It unlocks again the next morning at 7.

Its has no extra charges and it has some family filters built in.

Edit: Just read Raithlin's message above.

kronoSX

Honorary Master
thanks guys.so what software do i use,a app on your phone is not ideal for me.

Skankhunt

Expert Member
On windows, https://chocolatey.org/ works well for me.

And it is even better when you rebuild your PC very easy to export install list.

I don't use Windows often, but I had to install Choco recently on my dad's Windows laptop to use a shell app I found on Github to perform some automated tasks and it was pretty straightforward. Exactly what you'd expect from any Package Manager.

Pretty similar to Homebrew on MacOS and your normal Linux package manager.

ProfSantosh

I don't use Windows often, but I had to install Choco recently on my dad's Windows laptop to use a shell app I found on Github to perform some automated tasks and it was pretty straightforward. Exactly what you'd expect from any Package Manager.

Pretty similar to Homebrew on MacOS and your normal Linux package manager.
Yeah, with anything new there is always a small learning curve and once you get onto it it's smooth sailing