• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Skateboarding Centurion

crocopede

Hi

I am looking to meet people to skate with. As a skateboarder its obvious that skating alone is fun but skating with people helps a lot to progress and push harder to progress.

I generally skate in eco park area. I have some grindboxes and rails i carry with to the empty flat area behind the mall.
If you are or know anyone of any age who skateboards in centurion please reply here and lets see if we can get a healthy skateboarding community going in centurion.

Cheers

crocopede

I should add the following. I am 35 with a kid on the way. That being said skating with younger people (kids) has never been an issue. Skaters are in general not phased by the age difference as we all do what we love which is skating and rolling ankles.

However that being said i should state that i am not young enough to break into schools and trespass onto areas as i once did. For me there are now actual consequences of skating in restricted areas.

As such all obstacles to skate are transported to safe areas that allows skateboarders. This removes the risk of being prosecuted.

crocopede

Hi everyone.

Update on the situation at ecopark mall.
At the back of the mall i have the following to skate

Rail
Grind Box
Kicker Ramp

Sessions on weekends are pretty early for most skaters.
Morning sessions are 9am - 11am
Afternoon sessions are 5pm - 6:30pm

There is light so once it gets dark skating is still possible.

Weekdays sessions are from 5pm = 6:30pm

Last edited:

AlphaBravo

Expert Member
Hi everyone.

Update on the situation at ecopark mall.
At the back of the mall i have the following to skate

Rail
Grind Box
Kicker Ramp

Sessions on weekends are pretty early for most skaters.
Morning sessions are 9am - 11am
Afternoon sessions are 5pm - 6:30pm

There is light so once it gets dark skating is still possible.

Weekdays sessions are from 5pm = 6:30pm
Good to know, got my laaitie a board, sure he'd dig to give it a bash.

crocopede

Good to know, got my laaitie a board, sure he'd dig to give it a bash.
Awesome.
Pop in one weekend. Dont mind giving some tips etc.
My kid is still a few years away from walking never mind skating.

Want to see if we can get a healthy skateboarding community going in the area.

In the back where the practice motorcycle area is.

saturnz

Honorary Master
you really should move to Cape Town

theres a skate spot right outside my flat (three steps for grinds and manuals), public park up the road and many many spots all over the city

my skateboard unfortunately has been sitting in the corner for a few years, I still actively follow skating though through videos and attending comps but I'm just not in the mood to fall anymore

crocopede

you really should move to Cape Town

theres a skate spot right outside my flat (three steps for grinds and manuals), public park up the road and many many spots all over the city

my skateboard unfortunately has been sitting in the corner for a few years, I still actively follow skating though through videos and attending comps but I'm just not in the mood to fall anymore
skate smaller stuff. I stay away from anything over 3 stairs.
My grindbox and rails are 20cm high. So if i slip out theres no fall.

Last fall i took was at germiston bowl 2 weeks back and i am still feeling the hurt. Sucks getting older

crocopede

The scene is growing.
1 new regular at the spot. Young kid. We had an interesting discussion about where all the skaters and bmx'ers are at.

A) Busy playing on a mobile or console at home
B) Mom and dad wont allow them to get hurt playing outside or fear of crime etc.

Anyway i have this rant about this thing that annoys me to death.
FS Flip vs Illusion Flip.

Its the same fcking thing. My god!!! Geez. It irks me so. If you look at an illusion flip and a front side flip... it is the same thing. Foot movement is the same. It is the same thing. Sigh

I can do a fs flip where the board goes in-between my legs, or i can spin it more so that it stays underneath me. Ultimately... its the same trick... :mad: same thing. same thing. SAME THING

The scene is growing.
1 new regular at the spot. Young kid. We had an interesting discussion about where all the skaters and bmx'ers are at.

A) Busy playing on a mobile or console at home
B) Mom and dad wont allow them to get hurt playing outside or fear of crime etc.

Anyway i have this rant about this thing that annoys me to death.
FS Flip vs Illusion Flip.

Its the same fcking thing. My god!!! Geez. It irks me so. If you look at an illusion flip and a front side flip... it is the same thing. Foot movement is the same. It is the same thing. Sigh

I can do a fs flip where the board goes in-between my legs, or i can spin it more so that it stays underneath me. Ultimately... its the same trick... :mad: same thing. same thing. SAME THING
I know they have/had a big skate park at Menlyn mall a while ago. No idea if it's still going.

crocopede

I'm in Centurion, I skate.
You can check my Instagram if you want.
[MENTION=30968]Shaunt[/MENTION]heblacksheep
Hit me up bro
Will do. Gonna throw a quick session from 4pm to 5pm.

I know they have/had a big skate park at Menlyn mall a while ago. No idea if it's still going.
Thrashers is still there. But not a plausible destination in traffic time for me.

I bought a helmet today. Last week friday i had a bad fall. knocked my head open. Luckily walked away with only a contorted spine and no concussion. But from now on... helmets.

crocopede

Yo, I'll come over this weekend for sure.
Still the same time?
soz man... my son was born that weekend so been away, on top of that i injured my back falling from a rail.
Will drop you a message when im back in business. maybe another week should do the trick then my back should function again.

soz man... my son was born that weekend so been away, on top of that i injured my back falling from a rail.
Will drop you a message when im back in business. maybe another week should do the trick then my back should function again.
Yeah. Congratulations bro
We can skate when ever you ready