Slim Jeans and T-shirt? No, Thanks!

killerbyte

Expert Member
I am fat, there is no denying this and while I aim to lose weight I know for a fact that I should dress for the body I HAVE, and not for the body I want. This means I do not want to wear slim or skinny cuts.

I am down in CT until the end of the month and thought I would get some clothes while down here; particularly some jeans and t-shirts. It appears that Edgars no longer sells Levi, which sucks because the Edgars brand jeans don't have 34 inside leg (something I saw in Pretoria and in the one Edgars I have been to in CT). So off to Woolworths I go and all the t-shirts are slim cut, and the only jeans I found in my size (38W 34L) are straight cut which appear to be the new way to label male leggings because those things just gripped my legs from ankle to thigh.

So I have two questions:
1. Are all men in CT models with tight stomachs (ideal for slim cut t-shirts)?
2. Where can I get some clothes? I might head to MrP for some T-shirts (although I hate the chaos of those stores these days), and while I was hoping to save some money buying non-brand jeans it looks like I am forced to buy Levis (501 because button flies are boss!).

Afon Kulikov

Forging
Hate slim jeans, most clothing stores one has to look carefully before buying pants because most are slim.
I don't like having my balls squashed every time I try to move.

For Jeans and other clothes I would suggest go to Jonsson Workwear Depot. I buy almost all my clothes from them. The clothing lasts because they are made to work

hellfire

Honorary Master
I am fat, there is no denying this and while I aim to lose weight I know for a fact that I should dress for the body I HAVE, and not for the body I want. This means I do not want to wear slim or skinny cuts.

I am down in CT until the end of the month and thought I would get some clothes while down here; particularly some jeans and t-shirts. It appears that Edgars no longer sells Levi, which sucks because the Edgars brand jeans don't have 34 inside leg (something I saw in Pretoria and in the one Edgars I have been to in CT). So off to Woolworths I go and all the t-shirts are slim cut, and the only jeans I found in my size (38W 34L) are straight cut which appear to be the new way to label male leggings because those things just gripped my legs from ankle to thigh.

So I have two questions:
2. Where can I get some clothes? I might head to MrP for some T-shirts (although I hate the chaos of those stores these days), and while I was hoping to save some money buying non-brand jeans it looks like I am forced to buy Levis (501 because button flies are boss!).
If you want Levi's in Cape Town there's an outlet store in Access Park

R13...

Honorary Master
If you want Levi's in Cape Town there's an outlet store in Access Park
If straight leg's too tight for him then he's unlikely to find anything at Levi's. Woolies are known for catering for the extra girthed. The work clothes overall recommendation is best.

SHL

Expert Member

So I have two questions:
1613653970037.png

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
I could never wear skinny jeans, my cyclist legs just dont fit into them.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

So I have two questions:
Lol really now? It's like R700 a pair and will last a long time

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
It appears that Edgars no longer sells Levi, which sucks because the Edgars brand jeans don't have 34 inside leg (something I saw in Pretoria and in the one Edgars I have been to in CT). So off to Woolworths I go and all the t-shirts are slim cut, and the only jeans I found in my size (38W 34L) are straight cut which appear to be the new way to label male leggings because those things just gripped my legs from ankle to thigh.

So many SA stores prefer to sell clothes for midgets.
Stores like Edgars sometimes have clothes for the rest of us. Markhams clothes never reach my wrists or ankles.

killerbyte

Expert Member
Lol really now? It's like R700 a pair and will last a long time
The Levi 501s are my favourite and last me two years, and then by that point I have a crotch blow out (which is what has happened to one of my pairs of 501).

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
The Levi 501s are my favourite and last me two years, and then by that point I have a crotch blow out (which is what has happened to one of my pairs of 501).
Stop washing them? Have mine for a bunch of years now still looks good as well.

jezzad

Expert Member
My BMI does not lie, it calls me obese. Although I dont agree.

Saying that I like decent fitting pants and Jeans.

Bought a pair of g-star slim fits about 6 years ago, they are slim and well fitted and have a stretch to stretch where needed (mind out of the gutter)

It did take a while to find a pair that fitted well and yes have the same problem with clothing in Cape Town all being too small for those of us who enjoy a steak and 14 beers on the weekend.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master

So I have two questions:
Can't remember where I got one but there's a local brand called emme. Good quality and fit and price wasn't too bad if I can recall.

I see they in Access park.