Slow line speeds and Whats app not working.

Nate3268

Good day all, would appreciate the advise going forward. I have the below issue and want to know if someone can guide me in the right direction.

1. Fibre line is with TT Connect.
2. Service provider is Axxess.
3. Router is a TP LINK TL-WR840N_V5 - Firmware up to date.
4. CTS Box TT Connect.

Issues on hand:

1. When plugged in directly from CTS box via LAN cable to Laptop 5MB/5MB speed is available and fine.
2. When running of the TP Link on wifi, I get roughly +- 150kb/ 100kb line speeds.
3. I can browse the Internet via wifi fine does lag a bit, but I then get presented with TT Connect activation page (Pic1) (Pics attached) this happens most of the time and on multiple devices. When I enter my user name (Pic2) thats the message I get.
4. Whats app does not work at all. Every other app works fine.

Axxess and TT Connect are useless to help.

Please move to correct section if posted incorrectly, Thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:

envo

Expert Member
I didn't read past the part where you said you're with TT Connect. Unfortunately we can't help you.

/edit TTConnect and Axxess is probably the worst combo you could have gone with.

Do you have login details for the router that you can configure yourself? Because clearly there is something that wasn't registered / activated on it which is now causing this issue through Wifi.

Maybe use the following words "When using wifi, it asks me to activate my fibre line, but my fibre line is already activated and ethernet is working perfectly, can you please check the settings on my router"... maybe you have to dumb it down even more, depending on the call center agent's ability to realize that rebooting the thing won't help.

Instead of complaining about whatsapp not working etc and confusing the poor people. just be straight and to the point

WIFI NOT WEKKING
ETHERNET WEKKING
PREASE FIX WIFI

Nate3268

I didn't read past the part where you said you're with TT Connect. Unfortunately we can't help you.

/edit TTConnect and Axxess is probably the worst combo you could have gone with.

Do you have login details for the router that you can configure yourself? Because clearly there is something that wasn't registered / activated on it which is now causing this issue through Wifi.

Maybe use the following words "When using wifi, it asks me to activate my fibre line, but my fibre line is already activated and ethernet is working perfectly, can you please check the settings on my router"... maybe you have to dumb it down even more, depending on the call center agent's ability to realize that rebooting the thing won't help.

Instead of complaining about whatsapp not working etc and confusing the poor people. just be straight and to the point

WIFI NOT WEKKING
ETHERNET WEKKING
PREASE FIX WIFI
lol cool buddy , I realized this combo is worst. Will play around with router settings but from the menu off the router I see there is not much to play around with.

envo

Expert Member
Ah you know, after a bit of a think, I wonder if the fibre account is linked to the Ethernet / device mac address, and that the wifi is running off a separate mac address for some reason, which is causing the conflict.

You can always just switch it off and let them know that the lightning/load shedding fried it and you need a new one ;)