slow P2P downloads on Rain 5G

Crossfire

Hi, I got my Rain 5G 30mbps yesterday, my speed test results are very good, 35mbps Download and 25mbps Upload.
My problem is that when I try to download with utorrent (P2P) I am only getting 50kbps download max. Is Rain throttling P2P or is there some setting in my router or utorrent that I must change to fix this.
Tahnx

Masked

Rain throttles torrents to 50kbps during the day on all packages as far as I'm aware.

During the night 23:00-05:00, torrents should be full speed (I think).

Alternatively you can use a VPN to bypass the throttling.

powermzii

Expert Member
Could it be tower / location congestion thereby limiting P2P throughput?

This is me right now while im on a Teams call as well (Unlimited option)

1589544988140.png

Crossfire

i am not on premium, im on the 30mbps
here is my torrent right now.Capture.PNG
and here is a speedtest
Capture.PNG
not sure what I am doing wrong lol.

Crossfire

Is there a potability that I am not getting an open port, and if so how do I set that up, these are the setting on my Rain 5G router.
Capture.PNG

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Use a VPN. Windscribe is $2 per month per location and unlimited data with ROBERT adblock. Just remember there are a reason Rain shapes torrents. Rather stream it's 2020 after all.

Syber0304

Use a VPN. Windscribe is $2 per month per location and unlimited data with ROBERT adblock. Just remember there are a reason Rain shapes torrents. Rather stream it's 2020 after all.
Hey bro which location you chose when selecting the windscribe plan did you choose SA or another country

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Hey bro which location you chose when selecting the windscribe plan did you choose SA or another country
I have Pro so have access to all locations. If you just want to bypass shaping then just pick the SA locations with unlimited data and ROBERT adblock. Netflix works on all servers now. They even unblocked Showmax for me.

Syber0304

I have Pro so have access to all locations. If you just want to bypass shaping then just pick the SA locations with unlimited data and ROBERT adblock. Netflix works on all servers now. They even unblocked Showmax for me.
Well my needs are more for torrenting specifically , you think i should pick SA and robert adblock bro ?

StefanB7

Perfect appreciate the assist thanks a mill !!
I think torrents is throttled on South African Windscribe servers, well they have been for me. Rather go with another country.
I'm not sure, backstreetboy can you confirm?

Syber0304

I'm mainly going to use it for torrents if you guys could point me to good servers I'd really appreciate it thanks in advance