Slow Rain LTE speed

cavedog

Honorary Master
Hi their

Hi I followed your steps above and I still cont find the 2500mhz under prefered network options on my b315s router...

You won't that is why you need to use the band tool to force it. Using the band tool you would not need to login to your router to force the bands the tool will do that.

Riyadhrim

Unzip the file.

Edit this file
huawei_band_tool_config.txt

with the correct router ip address and router username and password.

When that is done just double click this file

LTE_2500_TDD_Rain_b38.bat

Check signal and test speed. If it's not working you do not have B38/41 coverage and need to stick with B3 (1800MHz) unfortunately and might need to look at getting an antenna.
I know it's been long but I too having same issue but not sure where to go. I downloaded zip file did everything but on the command prompt it say there is an
error

///MoH

The b315-22 does not support band 41 (2500mhz) hence the error.

Bigeasy

Hi.
I have the B315s-22, and using LTEView (thanks cavedog), I changed to 2600MHz Band 38, and my downloads went from 1-3Mbps to 10-20Mbps during the day.
My only problem now is that my uploads are now sitting at under 0.5Mbps, which has me pretty stumped.
Is it maybe possible to force band 38 on downloads, and 1800MHz band 3 for uploads? I have a tower 150m from me that only supports 1800MHz.
Thanks

Kiemo

Expert Member
Hi.
I have the B315s-22, and using LTEView (thanks cavedog), I changed to 2600MHz Band 38, and my downloads went from 1-3Mbps to 10-20Mbps during the day.
My only problem now is that my uploads are now sitting at under 0.5Mbps, which has me pretty stumped.
Is it maybe possible to force band 38 on downloads, and 1800MHz band 3 for uploads? I have a tower 150m from me that only supports 1800MHz.
Thanks
Lucky you I only have towers supporting 1800mhz

SlowInternet

Executive Member
I got so excited when I did a speedtest that I nearly had to change my underwear. Couldn't believe that I was getting this speed again.

Screenshot - 2020_07_14 , 14_43_35.png

....... but then it was back to the normal Rain speed again. Was just thinking that a miracle happened.

Screenshot - 2020_07_14 , 14_45_43.png

Kiemo

Expert Member
I got so excited when I did a speedtest that I nearly had to change my underwear. Couldn't believe that I was getting this speed again.

View attachment 874685

....... but then it was back to the normal Rain speed again. Was just thinking that a miracle happened.

View attachment 874689
Miracles happen but they a once off ... meaning you see it now then 5 minutes later no more

SlowInternet

Executive Member
And complaining and logging tickets doesn't help. Always the same generic reply. "We are looking into it" "We have escalated to our tech dept" But you will never hear from them again.

At the moment I'm struggling to connect and it's not just me. Spoke to my sister now and she is also struggling to connect. She stays about 2km away from me. I regret everyday that I convinced so many people to get Rain internet.

Kiemo

Expert Member
And complaining and logging tickets doesn't help. Always the same generic reply. "We are looking into it" "We have escalated to our tech dept" But you will never hear from them again.

At the moment I'm struggling to connect and it's not just me. Spoke to my sister now and she is also struggling to connect. She stays about 2km away from me. I regret everyday that I convinced so many people to get Rain internet.
I did the same thing tell people about it while I’m getting 1 or 2 megabyte out of it

dabtrakmusic

Unzip the file.

Edit this file

Check signal and test speed. If it's not working you do not have B38/41 coverage and need to stick with B3 (1800MHz) unfortunately and might need to look at getting an antenna.

i get an error that says "error file src/main.cpp

cavedog

Honorary Master
If anyone is still looking to make their Rain 4G LTE download speeds better check out this video:

Thanks to @cavedog

Glad it sorted you out.

The problem with most router it likes to stick to Band 3 and that badn is very congested. Band 38 is the one you have the best chance of getting better speed.

Ashrhank

Unzip the file.

Edit this file