B_rent72

Hello guys. Our little 4 y/o miniature yorkshire terrier took a sudden turn for the worse this past Friday while we were moving. She's experiencing tracheal collapse confirmed by a vet visit on Saturday, and she will need a tracheal stent surgery.

The 2 quotes for surgery we have so far are around 40k and our pet insurance (Dotsure) won't cover anything they deem to be hereditary. On their highest tier they only cover R2500 for illness related to anything hereditary which makes no sense to me anyway.

We were advised to seek out vets on internship or similar for a reduced price.

If anyone has any advice or leads. Anything at all that we can look into, that would be greatly appreciated.

WesleyDB

Have you tried contacting your local spca? I know they do certain procedures at very reduced prices, not sure if they would do something like this

B_rent72

Have you tried contacting your local spca? I know they do certain procedures at very reduced prices, not sure if they would do something like this
Thank you. Yes we have. Unfortunately they do not do the procedure. Others have suggested that perhaps they can refer us to a place that does, at a reduced rate. We will be contacting them about this in the morning.

WesleyDB

Thank you. Yes we have. Unfortunately they do not do the procedure. Others have suggested that perhaps they can refer us to a place that does, at a reduced rate. We will be contacting them about this in the morning.
Hope things work out for you, I know that feeling of having a sick dog and getting hit with an astronomical bill and not have enough money for it.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Dotsure are skelm. They refused to answer my questions when I wanted to take insurance out with them. They basically just a waste of money when you actually look at how their stuff is structured.

Medipet seemed to be the only one who was transparent and cover most things, but also a bit more expensive.

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
Dotsure are skelm. They refused to answer my questions when I wanted to take insurance out with them. They basically just a waste of money when you actually look at how their stuff is structured.

Medipet seemed to be the only one who was transparent and cover most things, but also a bit more expensive.

I think that Dotsure is also aligned with Oneplan yes?
Cos I got a call back from Oneplan and all the agent was wanting to do, was steamroll me into taking the product and not really listening to my questions.

I then asked him to email me a more descriptive quote and it seemed like crap.
Never went ahead with it - will check out Medipet.

@ OP - I hope you come right man. Please keep us updated.

Moto Guzzi

Expert Member
Hello guys. Our little 4 y/o miniature yorkshire terrier took a sudden turn for the worse this past Friday while we were moving. She's experiencing tracheal collapse confirmed by a vet visit on Saturday, and she will need a tracheal stent surgery.

The 2 quotes for surgery we have so far are around 40k and our pet insurance (Dotsure) won't cover anything they deem to be hereditary. On their highest tier they only cover R2500 for illness related to anything hereditary which makes no sense to me anyway.

We were advised to seek out vets on internship or similar for a reduced price.

If anyone has any advice or leads. Anything at all that we can look into, that would be greatly appreciated.
Just curious to know if your dog's teeth are all in perfect condition-?

B_rent72

Yeah it seems like it. Even with normal vet bills.

Noted. I guess that's why.

B_rent72

I think that Dotsure is also aligned with Oneplan yes?
Cos I got a call back from Oneplan and all the agent was wanting to do, was steamroll me into taking the product and not really listening to my questions.

I then asked him to email me a more descriptive quote and it seemed like crap.
Never went ahead with it - will check out Medipet.

@ OP - I hope you come right man. Please keep us updated.
Thanks man I will.