Small town, vumatel fibre rollout, pay ensure house included?

fundutzi

Dear All,

Background
Vumatel is currently busy rolling out fibre in a small town in Limpopo.

I have a list of +- 7 addresses where fibre will be needed.

Objective
How can I ensure the fibre "external capping"/ "joint box" is installed at each property?

Why all this fuss?
I would like to ensure 100% the fibre is available once the project completes.
If we need to pay more to cover, say 50 more meters on a street, we will ensure this is done now.

Sure once the rollout is complete, we will not be able to get a house covered should it fall just outside the covered area.

What would be great is a contact person in Vumatel, this so I can provide the list of addresses and determine the possible cost to pay up front to ensure the fibre reach every single house where possible.

This will hugely safe me hassle moving forward I think. Perhaps serves others here to know if and how one should do this moving forward.

Thank you.

Last edited:

isie

Honorary Master
Dear All,

Background
Vumatel is currently busy rolling out fibre in a small town in Limpopo.

I have a list of +- 7 addresses where fibre will be needed.

Objective
How can I ensure the fibre "external capping"/ "joint box" is installed at each property?

Why all this fuss?
I would like to ensure 100% the fibre is available once the project completes.
If we need to pay more to cover, say 50 more meters on a street, we will ensure this is done now.

Sure once the rollout is complete, we will not be able to get a house covered should it fall just outside the covered area.

What would be great is a contact person in Vumatel, this so I can provide the list of addresses and determine the possible cost to pay up front to ensure the fibre reach every single house where possible.

This will hugely safe me hassle moving forward I think. Perhaps serves others here to know if and how one should do this moving forward.

Thank you.
Easiest would be as a representative of your area as a whole (if this has not been done already) to go to vuma to get a contact person for your area (they would have allocated one already). Doe your residence association or whatever you guys have not already done this?

Have you checked the map to confirm if your homes are in the demarcated area for roll out as yet?

fundutzi

The properties are in various locations in the town, thus not an association.

The objective of this post is to see if anyone here is aware how I can find a motivated person in Vumatel with whom I can deal.
=> Already did this:
a. Made contact with the person responsible for rollout. Only text messages. He did not agree to speak to me yet.
b. Rang Vumatel head office. I was provided an email. Hmmm.

I live in London, UK. Trying to avoid disasters of the past having to ring ISPs in za for days to get simple things done.
Hope to make contact with a decision maker.
Specify the addresses.
Pay what is needed.
Once rollout is done let persons at addresses order internet from whatever ISP they prefer.

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
from my experience the ISPs wont help

i had an installer help me with getting into contact with openserve reps

isie

Honorary Master
The properties are in various locations in the town, thus not an association.

The objective of this post is to see if anyone here is aware how I can find a motivated person in Vumatel with whom I can deal.
=> Already did this:
a. Made contact with the person responsible for rollout. Only text messages. He did not agree to speak to me yet.
b. Rang Vumatel head office. I was provided an email. Hmmm.

I live in London, UK. Trying to avoid disasters of the past having to ring ISPs in za for days to get simple things done.
Hope to make contact with a decision maker.
Specify the addresses.
Pay what is needed.
Once rollout is done let persons at addresses order internet from whatever ISP they prefer.
Are those properties like little islands with no neighbours? - no one in the actual the area as a whole to help you out? you must have something? local neighbourhood whatsapp even or There must be some ward councilor for the general area at least who can advise (although you better off with the whatsapp ).
at least you getting text messages that's actually good. - maybe you getting ahead of yourself - has he advised what their current demarcated area is?

Try twitter i get some semi decent replies there from Vuma

ISP will not get involved on the construction phase ,no matter what they claim that's still in Vumas hands so your best bet it to speak to vuma - once installation is complete then Vuma hands over to the ISP.