'Smallville' actress Allison Mack arrested for alleged role in sex trafficking case

Gnome

Executive Member
when you lose the attention you crave
I suspect the type of person that becomes a leader in this cult is someone that craves a "master".

IE> I want power but I want to be subservient and not make any serious decisions type personality.

Gnome

Executive Member
Must admit, I though it was Mack too but then thought it was a bit strange for her to be releasing a public statement while she faces charges.
Ditto, was like, you release that then admit guilt?

schumi

Honorary Master
Smallville actress Allison Mack appears in court alongside NXIVM leader Keith Raniere

Authorities expect to make more arrests in the sex-trafficking investigation of a self-help group that has already resulted in charges against former Smallville actress Allison Mack and the group's leader, a prosecutor said.

Assistant US Attorney Moira Penza told a judge at a pre-trial hearing in federal court in Brooklyn the government plans to file a revised indictment naming more defendants in the coming weeks.

Prominent backers of upstate New York-based group NXIVM (pronounced NEX'-ee-um) said they were in the dark about allegations women were forced to have sex with leader Keith Raniere.

Friday's hearing marked the first time Mack and Mr Raniere had seen each other since his arrest this past March in Mexico, where they were staying together in a villa in Puerto Vallarta.

The actress, who is free on bail but under home detention, sat two chairs away from Mr Raniere at the defence table, but there was no interaction. Mr Raniere remains jailed.
More at: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-05/smallville-actress-allison-mack-appears-in-court-nxivm/9730806

Eniigma

Expert Member
Allison Mack Uses the Church of Scientology as Part of Her Defense in NXIVM Case

Allison Mack's legal team used the Church of Scientology as part of its defense in her sex trafficking case.
Mack's attorneys filed a motion to dismiss the indictment against her on Friday, Dec. 28. According to court documents obtained by E! News, her team is seeking to "dismiss the four counts brought against her because those charges lack specificity, fail to state a claim under the applicable statutes, and are unconstitutionally vague as applied to her alleged conduct."

In the court document, the former Smallville actress' attorneys cited various court cases to prove their points, including one involving the famed church.

Mack's attorneys filed a motion to dismiss the indictment against her on Friday, Dec. 28. According to court documents obtained by E! News, her team is seeking to "dismiss the four counts brought against her because those charges lack specificity, fail to state a claim under the applicable statutes, and are unconstitutionally vague as applied to her alleged conduct."

In the court document, the former Smallville actress' attorneys cited various court cases to prove their points, including one involving the famed church.

Her attorneys added, "The threat of reputational damage and isolation from loved ones therefore did not qualify as serious harm."
Mack's legal team is hoping to have the forced labor charge dropped due to failure to state a claim. They argue Mack "allegedly required personal favors in the context of a club or society membership, and never knowingly obtained or provided 'labor or services'" that were prohibited in the Thirteenth Amendment (i.e. "instances of forced (i) prostitution, (ii) sweatshop work, and (iii) domestic service."

https://www.eonline.com/news/100025...entology-as-part-of-her-defense-in-nxivm-case
At little more in the link.

Gordon_R

Executive Member
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47858819

US actress Allison Mack has pleaded guilty to charges linked to an alleged sex trafficking operation disguised as a mentoring group.

Appearing in Brooklyn federal court, Mack pleaded guilty to racketeering and racketeering conspiracy charges related to the suspected sex cult Nxivm.

In a statement,Mack admitted to recruiting women by telling them they were joining a female mentorship group.

"I must take full responsibility for my conduct", she said.
She is now scheduled to be sentenced in September and will face a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison for each of the two charges.

Iamnotageek

Expert Member
Mack and Raniere's charges stem from what officials say were activities that took place as part of a secret society within Nxivm called "DOS," in which women recruited others under false pretenses to perform sexual acts. Raniere was the sole male in DOS and the leader.
Lucky bugger. All those vroumense and one guy

Gordon_R

Executive Member
Another rich and famous woman caught up in this mess: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47996207
US heiress Clare Bronfman has pleaded guilty to her role in an alleged sex trafficking operation.

Bronfman, the 40-year-old heir to the Seagram alcohol fortune, was accused of using more than $100m (£77m) to fund the suspected sex cult Nxivm.

She pleaded guilty on two counts - conspiracy to conceal and harbour illegal immigrants for financial gain, and fraudulent use of identification.

She told the court in Brooklyn that she was "truly remorseful".
Bronfman, a philanthropist and former showjumper, is the daughter of the late Canadian businessman Edgar Bronfman, whose net worth was estimated to be about $2.6bn (£2bn).

Bronfman was on Nxivm's executive board.

The millions of dollars she was accused of giving to the group were thought to have been used to pay for fake identities and court summons against perceived enemies.
Appearing at a court in Brooklyn, Bronfman admitted knowingly harbouring a woman brought to the US on a fake work visa in order to exploit her for labour.

As part of her plea, she agreed to forfeit $6m (£4.6m) and not to appeal any prison sentence of 27 months or less.
Ouch!?