Smart outdoor security cameras in SA?

Saba'a

Executive Member
I plugged this thing in and connect my Unifi AP to it but it won't power up the AP. The AP powers up without issue with the Unifi POE injector.

Also there are four dip switches on the front what are they for?

Hope I didn't buy a dud.
Silly question BUT did you plug into the poe ports or into 2 uplink ports? My dlink has 2 sfp ports and 2 uplink ports.

jdido87

Expert Member
Same day. Arrived at 2am delivered by 9am but was a Friday 28 May in Pretoria.

DHL is fast because customs all sorted out beforehand. I assume you already paid the customs costs to DHL.

Yours may then be Tuesday if in CT.
21e9f226216d553671f1869c1be08902.jpg
I was not requested to pay it yet. Assuming I will get communication in that regard today or tomorrow.

Saba'a

Executive Member
I was not requested to pay it yet. Assuming I will get communication in that regard today or tomorrow.
Strange. Normally get it quite a while before the time.

Download DHL app or check on tracking site and/or your spam/junk folder.

Saba'a

Executive Member
The Reolink RLC 811A looks quite good.

It has full colour at night. And 2 way audio.

Bit steep as I think it will work out over R2k per camera with customs. But with x5 zoom as well, its tempting for one at the gate.

But waiting for the 12mp one. Interesting review

jdido87

Expert Member
Strange. Normally get it quite a while before the time.

Download DHL app or check on tracking site and/or your spam/junk folder.
I do have the app. The shipment took a strange route from Dubai to Bahrain then Kenya and no in Johannesburg. Still haven't received any correspondence from DHL.

jdido87

Expert Member
Turns out the shipment is in Cape Town but they have transport delays and will not allow me to collect it either.

jdido87

Expert Member
Paid the duty and vat. Is there anyway to speed up delivery. Its only scheduled to be delivered on Friday.

Saba'a

Executive Member
Paid the duty and vat. Is there anyway to speed up delivery. Its only scheduled to be delivered on Friday.
Honestly not sure why yours delayed. My experience to date is that they normally deliver within a day of arrival.

And my RLC810As were delivered at 9am, 7 hours after arrival at 2am.

jdido87

Expert Member
Honestly not sure why yours delayed. My experience to date is that they normally deliver within a day of arrival.

And my RLC810As were delivered at 9am, 7 hours after arrival at 2am.
I got multiple notifications this morning. Status is Exception. Called them, they want to do a random inspection of the shipment. Is this normal.

jdido87

Expert Member
Nope, never experienced this. Suspect drugs
Or a new variant .

Getting conflicting messages. They requested my ID and now, again, for physical inspection that will take 1 - 2 days. No wonder our economy is messed up if it takes two days to open a box.

Milion

How much did the duty and vat cost. Ordered 4 x 810As last week, order is still "Processing". Expecting it to ship soon.

Last edited:

powermzii

Expert Member
If true, not even remotely worth it. Rather install brand new cameras with built-in AI.
I was gonna say... I mean a 6 cam with NVR AI setup is 8-10k ... but I suppose these products exist because there IS a market .. I'm not that market tho