Smart outdoor security cameras in SA?

FNfal

Executive Member
What camera model is that with a siren?
That’s something I could use

The siren is loud enough to wake you up and the AI makes sure it is only a human that wakes you up , i have not had a false alarm in the month + i have installed it .

Last edited:

Thor

Honorary Master
I just searched for Reolink 510 on Amazon and it was the first result. Also a sponsored result so probably Amazon themselves.
Reolink ships directly to South Africa, I bought a few from them directly using Capitec

Saba'a

Executive Member
Reolink ships directly to South Africa, I bought a few from them directly using Capitec
Yes but only via post office and not large systems anymore.

Saba'a

Executive Member
Reolink support advised that they may resume deliveries via DHL in July.

Hope so. The RLC811A arrived but another 3 cameras ordered this month departed 15 June via 4PX so guess have to wait for 3 months.

Last edited:

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master

Hope so. The RLC811A arrived but another 3 cameras ordered this month departed 15 June via 4PX so guess have to wait for 3 months.
Awesome thanks for the heads up

The Door

Honorary Master
E.g. RLC 510.

This camera is $65.25 on Reolink with free shipping, that is R1042 currently. And then roughly R90 customs.

On Amazon this is R763 plus R457 shipping, so R1220. No extra fees.

The Roughly R100 more might be worth it to make sure it is with you in less than 2 weeks and won't go missing at the Post Office.
I got free shipping with courier (no PO) direct from Reolink. Took like 2 weeks. Not sure if they still do that? I know free shipping is for orders over an amount

The Door

Honorary Master

Ah just seen this.

Thor

Honorary Master
I went and bought the 5MP Reolink E1 Zoom, it's a joke lol.

I maintain it's not the same as Hikvision, Uniview, heck even Xiaomi is 10-fold better quality.

falcon786

Honorary Master
I went and bought the 5MP Reolink E1 Zoom, it's a joke lol.

I maintain it's not the same as Hikvision, Uniview, heck even Xiaomi is 10-fold better quality.
RlC810A/510A etc,those are the popular Poe ones,how do they compare?Can you give details?

Reactions: Yuu

Saba'a

Executive Member
I love the RLC811A. 810A also good.

The 410As are fine depending on use.

But personally happy. The Argus 2 being wireless should only be an option if no POE available.

The reolink vs xyz debate is like

Mercedes vs Volkswagen debate. Price vs performance and value for money.

I am happy with my Reolinks, especially the 811A.