Smartphone and tablet PC trends in SA: Apple vs Android vs Blackberry

krycor

Honorary Master
yip.. with net access cheaper and people having solutions like twin sim to share data with dedicated data device.. iphone 5 looking good due to popularity with app devs and improvements made to it in the last iteration. I'm waiting to see what the new one offers

SuperBru

I love my HTC. I think my Trophy has really good quality hardware and it has a solid feel to it. My wife might try the new Nokia, once it gets a better OS on it.

Joe Average

The heading (Apple vs Android) of the article does not correlate to he stats produced ? Or can one assume all other phones (except BB and Apple) uses an Android OS ?

SlightlyPeeved

Hmm, what exactly is happening with Blackberry? In the US, their popularity is spiralling, and even in SA, which has been a BB stronghold, the numbers are waning?

Vice

Expert Member
Interesting to see. I'm one of those using BB and considering an iPhone with the next renewal...

eltherza

Expert Member
This cellphone business is such a drama and so annoying. I just want a solid affordable phone.

OMB

Mountain Man
Got my HTC Flyer and Desire S last week, very happy so far, these are also my first android devices and I'm pretty impressed, although having come from WinMo 6.5 I guess it's easy to be impressed with anything :D

McCrazieGoalz

Expert Member
The heading (Apple vs Android) of the article does not correlate to he stats produced ? Or can one assume all other phones (except BB and Apple) uses an Android OS ?
I agree with you.

Once again. I detect a bias towards Android in MyBB's reporting.

Yes, many people feel that Symbian is not a good operating system but there are other factors that will keep Nokia phones on their current operating systems well and truely alive such as the renowned robustness of their hardware and pricing.

The heading should have read something like "MyBB user's mobile hardware and mobile operating system preferences".

sand_man

Honorary Master
Didn't participate in this survey myself!! Was this what the "start survey" moving prompt box was all about??