Smokers - how you coping with the lockdown?

LetsDance

I have used salvaged stompies, some pipe tobacco I had, but never really used prior to lockdown and now on to nicotine chewing gum. I have been tempted to drive around and find a illicit shop selling cigarettes, but have resisted the urge. I know this though, this is the best chance at kicking the habit.

bwana

MyBroadband
Can people still buy vaping products or is that also non-essential?

bwana

MyBroadband
They can't except on black market.

The gf is going mental - ran out a few days ago... not pleasant!
I would have thought allowing smokers to switch to vaping over the period would have been a no brainer. For some it might have become a temporary switch on their way to kicking the habit altogether.

Then again nothing about the ban makes sense. Just the dictatorship flexing their muscles.

Tman*

Expert Member
sounds like some serious addiction withdrawal issues being experienced.

I am a casual smoker - I have had a craving here and there, but just get something to keep me busy then I forget about it. Its a good opportunity to kick the habit

splattie

Still have 6 cartons before we run out :laugh: :ROFL: :laugh:, then over to my vape stash.

OCP

Expert Member
Was she rationing it at least or just using like normal?
She didn't ration and smoked more than normal (extremely social extrovert = taking serious strain with cabin fever)

Also does not help I leave for work as normal so she is home with kids all day ;-)

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Vape juice ran out, but it was no problem getting a carton a of cigarettes from a local garage (at normal prices) which should last me till the end of the month

garp

Executive Member
I don’t smoke any more, but apart from cost my smoker friends have no issues. The “alternative” market is flourishing. Apparently, you’ll find them wherever you used to find weed. R70 per pack seems to be the going price around my area. Vape juice, I have no idea.

Urist

Expert Member
9 packets left, was supposed to last until the end. Unless they stretch out this thing another few weeks with the ban on the tobacco industry being stretched out as far as they can.... which is fully what I expect from these cvnts. Then it's over to vaping :sick: .
Not using this as an opportunity to quit... If I quit smoking it will be on my own terms, not a nanny state's.