Smokers - how you coping with the lockdown?

MrR

Expert Member
I don't have any insight into the tobacco industry but wonder what the market is going to look like in a few months time. With the lockdown, they can't plant, maintain or harvest tobacco crops; so while there is a prohibition now, the downstream impact may well cause a shortage in future, resulting in smokers having to smoke less in any event.

To reiterate, I have no view of the supply chain and there might be an abundance of tobacco, but the thought still seems plausible.

Any experts can that shed some light?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I don't have any insight into the tobacco industry but wonder what the market is going to look like in a few months time. With the lockdown, they can't plant, maintain or harvest tobacco crops; so while there is a prohibition now, the downstream impact may well cause a shortage in future, resulting in smokers having to smoke less in any event.

To reiterate, I have no view of the supply chain and there might be an abundance of tobacco, but the thought still seems plausible.

Any experts can that shed some light?
The harvest and processing aspect is being dealt with as far as I know.. it will largely happen on site in the farm.

The issue here is downstream, from the manufacture and distribution of cigarettes. I doubt they will run out of tobacco anytime soon, but they may struggle to keep up with demand.

lkswan747

Expert Member
They can't except on black market.

The gf is going mental - ran out a few days ago... not pleasant!
Where is this "Black Market" as I am running on empty with my vape juice. I anticipate a few tough days ahead :oops:

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Where is this "Black Market" as I am running on empty with my vape juice. I anticipate a few tough days ahead :oops:
Vape Juice may be difficult to obtain on the black market..... its not something they've cottoned onto yet.

OCP

Expert Member
Friend of hers scored some vape juice from someone who supplies recreational substances....

I'm not going to facilitate or provide contact details so don't even ask ;-)

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Vape juice ran out a few weeks ago, doesnt bother me at all. Mind over matter people.

Sure it does pop into my mind once in a while but thats about it. No craving at all.

I vaped between 3-6Mg incase someone assumes i vape 0Mg

alanlesley

ive become a crimial and not buying illegal cigarettes, thanks government. they taste like ****, best brand to buy would be RG, has okay favour and the best from all the illegal cigarettes, price at the moment for that is R35 so its not a bad price, price for marlboro is like 60bucks, the worst illegal cigarettes is D's stay way from that, MC methols are okay cause you can taste the crap.

AlmightyBender

Executive Member
Well well, so I ran out of Heets about a week and a half ago, and those buggers are impossible to find even on the black market. Going back to normal smokes just isn't an option at all, my body just reacts in revulsion at the thought of having a drag.

My wife got desperate and ordered some black market Dunhills and she's having them now but I've had the strength to not touch them. Fingers crossed that holds up.

Overall coping fine with the withdrawl but miss the ritual and schedule of it. All the other smoker masekinders will understand.

Urist

Expert Member
Maybe travel too frequently to buy smokes? Might be true, always hearing people ask to buy some smokes, they don't buy it in bulk maybe?
smokers are travelling more now, hopping between places looking for smokes. Same with drinkers looking for yeast

Asgard85

Well well, so I ran out of Heets about a week and a half ago, and those buggers are impossible to find even on the black market. Going back to normal smokes just isn't an option at all, my body just reacts in revulsion at the thought of having a drag.

My wife got desperate and ordered some black market Dunhills and she's having them now but I've had the strength to not touch them. Fingers crossed that holds up.

Overall coping fine with the withdrawl but miss the ritual and schedule of it. All the other smoker masekinders will understand.
By the time you pass day 3 you have made so much more progress than you realize. From this point your cravings are psychological and not chemical in nature. Recognize for them what they are, know that they will pass shortly and be happy you are freeing yourself from smoking rather than get into the trap if feeling like you are denying yourself something.
Smoking never really did any great favours for you anyway.