Smokers - how you coping with the lockdown?

bwana

MyBroadband
It might be a lucrative business to travel to UK once international travel ban is lifted, quarantine for 2 weeks in expensive hotel, buy 3 cartons of Peter Blue and travel back to sell it for a profit covering all expenses.
You forgot the 14 days in the UK... or the 14 days when you get back to SA.

Dr_H

If where smart and didn't by smokes you would be an ex smoker by now

The initial irritation only lasts 2 to 3 weeks after that you are fine.
Actually this is different from person to person, I ran out within the first 3 weeks of lockdown and haven't had a single drag of tobacco or cigarette since and I am annoyed as hell and all I think of from the minute I wake till the minute I go to bed is how to get hold of some smokes!!

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
Actually this is different from person to person, I ran out within the first 3 weeks of lockdown and haven't had a single drag of tobacco or cigarette since and I am annoyed as hell and all I think of from the minute I wake till the minute I go to bed is how to get hold of some smokes!!
bro if you can't find then you doing something wrong.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
It’s also a bit easier to quit smoking when you’re preoccupied and not thinking about smoking the whole day. Sitting at home during lockdown and trying to quit is insane.

Dr_H

bro if you can't find then you doing something wrong.
The issue is that I am super picky and also scared of going out and searching. I hate cigarettes, can't stand the taste and never could, I am looking for tobacco to roll my own and that I can not find anywhere!! I used to smoke raw or golden virgina RYO, but where to find that, who knows.

JayM

Expert Member
I just think she hates cigarettes with a passion and don't care about the tax gains or black market aspect.
If that were the case, vape products would be allowed. She's cashing in on peoples' addictions - no doubt about it. They know they're forcing people who stopped smoking and took up vaping to revert to illegal black market cigarettes, and I really hope DA/FF/FITA/etc drive this point home in court.

Dr_H

It’s also a bit easier to quit smoking when you’re preoccupied and not thinking about smoking the whole day. Sitting at home during lockdown and trying to quit is insane.
This I think is the biggest issue, I actually work from home so I am busy the entire day, but still constantly think of having a rollie, mostly because I now can't go out and get one!!

JayM

Expert Member
This I think is the biggest issue, I actually work from home so I am busy the entire day, but still constantly think of having a rollie, mostly because I now can't go out and get one!!
I'm on day 38 now, and still feel like smoking sometimes, but the feeling passes in 2-3 minutes. In that 2-3 minutes, I think about the things that are good about it:

1) My teeth are going white again.
2) My gums have gone back to normal
3) I'm not lining NDZs pockets or helping her political aspirations by supporting the black market.
4) I'm saving money.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
I'm not even a smoker, and when I went to the local outdoor strip mall yesterday there were dozens of guys sitting around the pavements holding packs of cigarettes for sale. So it's a joke really.

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
I'm not even a smoker, and when I went to the local outdoor strip mall yesterday there were dozens of guys sitting around the pavements holding packs of cigarettes for sale. So it's a joke really.
yeah it is everywhere. the paki barber guys are sitting outside the place locked every day all day, walk up to cars that stop there every now and then... everyone knows what is going on.

Shaun108

Executive Member
yeah it is everywhere. the paki barber guys are sitting outside the place locked every day all day, walk up to cars that stop there every now and then... everyone knows what is going on.
Paki guys distributing their cell numbers. All you gotta do is send them a message and you can get a service and goods at your home.