Smokers - how you coping with the lockdown?

Groen92

Not coping very well, I ran out weeks ago and still have withdrawals. The one shop nearby who might have helped me under the table is closed.

Luke7777

Executive Member
Overall coping fine with the withdrawl but miss the ritual and schedule of it. All the other smoker masekinders will understand.
That was the only issue for me when I stopped. Didn't crave the nicotine , just missed the ritual. Would step outside in the evening, after some gaming, sitting next to the pool having a quick drag. Felt stupid afterwards just staring at the pool doing f******, so I stopped going out :)

• Haha
Reactions: Fro

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
By the time you pass day 3 you have made so much more progress than you realize. From this point your cravings are psychological and not chemical in nature. Recognize for them what they are, know that they will pass shortly and be happy you are freeing yourself from smoking rather than get into the trap if feeling like you are denying yourself something.
Smoking never really did any great favours for you anyway.
While that may be true, I don't think that smokers are looking for coping mechanisms to quit. They'll quit when they're ready to, not when the government tells them they should...

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
They can't except on black market.

The gf is going mental - ran out a few days ago... not pleasant!
Im having a giggle at the vapers who dont mix their own juices and roll their own coils at the moment.
I mixed up some fresh juices yesterday, no worries here.

Temujin

Executive Member
Maybe they should offer a demonstration on how to eat then...
Wait for the him to realise how close his hands get to his lips when drinking coffee/tea/water/whatever... it should all be banned :giggle: He must be working for cele or zuma in charge of coming up with bs reasons when questioned :ROFL:

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
While that may be true, I don't think that smokers are looking for coping mechanisms to quit. They'll quit when they're ready to, not when the government tells them they should...
Exactly that, the smokers are just biding their time right now. When the smokes come back on the market then they will go back to their old habits.
The only time anyone will quit is when they decide to.

AlmightyBender

Executive Member
By the time you pass day 3 you have made so much more progress than you realize. From this point your cravings are psychological and not chemical in nature. Recognize for them what they are, know that they will pass shortly and be happy you are freeing yourself from smoking rather than get into the trap if feeling like you are denying yourself something.
Smoking never really did any great favours for you anyway.
1587545661350.png
Yes dad, smoking bad mkay

(PS I know you mean well but I couldn't resist the meme, and yeah you spot on with everything. This is not my first time quitting so I'm familiar with the motions and how to intervene in my behaviour to keep me on the path to success. The kak thing is... I actually want to be smoking but I literally can't right now so I'm just making the best of the situation)

noxibox

Honorary Master
On the other hand, I enjoyed the pipe tobacco. Felt like Sherlock Holmes. Nicotine addiction is harder to break then cocaine btw
Turns out that's not really true. It's nicotine from smoking that is hard to quit because it delivers a lot of highly available nicotine very quickly. Plain nicotine, e.g. from gum, is barely addictive.

Im having a giggle at the vapers who dont mix their own juices and roll their own coils at the moment.
I mixed up some fresh juices yesterday, no worries here.
The irony that I have all of the above, but don't need it.

Exactly that, the smokers are just biding their time right now. When the smokes come back on the market then they will go back to their old habits.
The only time anyone will quit is when they decide to.
Definitely. Quitting only lasts if someone really wants to quit.

AlmightyBender

Executive Member
Wait for the him to realise how close his hands get to his lips when drinking coffee/tea/water/whatever... it should all be banned :giggle: He must be working for cele or zuma in charge of coming up with bs reasons when questioned :ROFL:
Lets ban hands, it is the obvious and most efficient solution. And possibly mouths and eyes. :ROFL:

Asgard85

Sure, but if you have been forced into it like some clearly have then your outlook on the situation will make a huge difference to how you manage to deal with it. If you cannot change the fact that you cannot smoke, adopting a more positive stance may be helpful.
Also, I reckon the vast majority of smokers want to quit - the starting is the hard and scary part. Once you pass the small milestone of 3 days you are already on the path - might as well keep walking and try to do so with a smile rather than feeling like you are being denied something.

Asgard85

View attachment 826749
Yes dad, smoking bad mkay

(PS I know you mean well but I couldn't resist the meme, and yeah you spot on with everything. This is not my first time quitting so I'm familiar with the motions and how to intervene in my behaviour to keep me on the path to success. The kak thing is... I actually want to be smoking but I literally can't right now so I'm just making the best of the situation)
Good luck to you.

FNfal

Executive Member
R20 for these apparently they used to be R10 so you must know what kak they are . But any port in a storm .

ci.jpg

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
I've got too manay Pakistani, Somalian and Ethiopian shops not too far from me so the ban on smoking doesn't bother me.

Maybe these guys think the ban only applies to South Africans /shrug

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Sure, but if you have been forced into it like some clearly have then your outlook on the situation will make a huge difference to how you manage to deal with it. If you cannot change the fact that you cannot smoke, adopting a more positive stance may be helpful.
Also, I reckon the vast majority of smokers want to quit - the starting is the hard and scary part. Once you pass the small milestone of 3 days you are already on the path - might as well keep walking and try to do so with a smile rather than feeling like you are being denied something.
If they wanted to quit, they would...

Shaun108

Executive Member
I've got too manay Pakistani, Somalian and Ethiopian shops not too far from me so the ban on smoking doesn't bother me.

Maybe these guys think the ban only applies to South Africans /shrug

Same here. My only gripe is a pack of 20's Stuvyesant red is R100 now... Cheaper **** is from R20-60, depending on the brand.

Supervan II

Expert Member
I'm good, thanks for asking.

And when my stash is up it will coincide nicely with a certain weed that's almost ready to harvest. ;)

Who would've thunk that I'd lose my weed-virginity at my age? :cool:

Asgard85

If they wanted to quit, they would...
I dunno hey - I wanted to quit for many years, with numerous failed attempts before I managed to. Certainly the majority of those people I spent time smoking with all expressed some desire to "one day" stop smoking.

I guess it might be slightly different for everyone though.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I dunno hey - I wanted to quit for many years, with numerous failed attempts before I managed to. Certainly the majority of those people I spent time smoking with all expressed some desire to "one day" stop smoking.

I guess it might be slightly different for everyone though.
There is a difference between thinking quitting would be a good thing (most smokers think that), and actually wanting to quit.