Smoking in public or travelling with cigarettes

Shaun108

Executive Member
Cigarettes should only be enjoyed in the privacy of your home and if you are found with one in your car, you will have a lot of explaining to do, including disclosing who sold it to you.

This was a warning from Police Minister Bheki Cele. “Cigarettes must be smoked in your house as it is not illegal to smoke. The only problem is when we find it in your car and you fail to show us where you got the cigarette. When you say you brought the cigarette, here is the receipt, we take you and go and get the person who sold the cigarette to you,” said Cele.

He said organised crime had taken an advantage of the ban on alcohol and cigarettes to expand their illicit trade. Cele said there had been an increase in the smuggling of contraband liquor and tobacco between South African borders with Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique and Zimbabwe, which were then sold on the black market.

He said law enforcement agents had confiscated alcohol and cigarettes worth more than R1million and R1.6m in March and April respectively.

Cele said under level 5, more than 100000 cases were recorded against those breaking lockdown regulations.

“In just over a month, this number has more than doubled and it is almost at 200030 contraventions (so far),” Cele said.

“These include liquor-related and cigarette-related offences, illegal gathering, which have gone down since the level 4 (started), failure to confine to places of residents, which remains a serious challenge, cross-border and inter-provincial business-related offences,” he said.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
This idiot doesn't have the wit to tidy gardens, how the **** the clown dressing **** stain ever got to where he is, is beyond me.

Tun@

Expert Member
I'm going to get screwed here
I need to drive from Durban to Cape Town & go to sea for a few weeks - i have my tobacco(rollies) supply that i stocked up on before the budget ramped up the price....
Getting caught with 10-15 packs of rollies these fsk's are going try take them for sure.
Eish - wonder how i get around this one one - runs/receipt hunting - or maybe a phone snap of the card payment will do it.
Smoker becomes smuggler now, what bs

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Cigarettes should only be enjoyed in the privacy of your home and if you are found with one in your car, you will have a lot of explaining to do, including disclosing who sold it to you.

This was a warning from Police Minister Bheki Cele. “Cigarettes must be smoked in your house as it is not illegal to smoke. The only problem is when we find it in your car and you fail to show us where you got the cigarette. When you say you brought the cigarette, here is the receipt, we take you and go and get the person who sold the cigarette to you,” said Cele.

He said organised crime had taken an advantage of the ban on alcohol and cigarettes to expand their illicit trade. Cele said there had been an increase in the smuggling of contraband liquor and tobacco between South African borders with Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique and Zimbabwe, which were then sold on the black market.

He said law enforcement agents had confiscated alcohol and cigarettes worth more than R1million and R1.6m in March and April respectively.

Cele said under level 5, more than 100000 cases were recorded against those breaking lockdown regulations.

“In just over a month, this number has more than doubled and it is almost at 200030 contraventions (so far),” Cele said.

“These include liquor-related and cigarette-related offences, illegal gathering, which have gone down since the level 4 (started), failure to confine to places of residents, which remains a serious challenge, cross-border and inter-provincial business-related offences,” he said.

So the 30 cartons I bought 2 months ago before lockdown?

This guy has lost his fukking mind...

Quintrix

Please explain to the officer while he takes another puff. And remember you don't have the authority to question him.

itsme2

I'm going to get screwed here
I need to drive from Durban to Cape Town & go to sea for a few weeks - i have my tobacco(rollies) supply that i stocked up on before the budget ramped up the price....
Getting caught with 10-15 packs of rollies these fsk's are going try take them for sure.
Eish - wonder how i get around this one one - runs/receipt hunting - or maybe a phone snap of the card payment will do it.
Smoker becomes smuggler now, what bs
Suitcase it

FNfal

Executive Member
Bla bla bla what an air head , problem is most people will believe the BS he talks .

Tun@

Expert Member
Suitcase it
Gestapo going want to look in there - also thought about stashing it inside a panel but if they look in there & find it i'm going to look like i was trying to hide something so yeah......crazy times.