Smokoo may become illegal gambling says DTI

fluKe

These sites should really be shut down, they are not gambling, more like huge scams.

Xzib1t

Expert Member
Shut them down! Shut them down! Shut them down! Shut them down!

Antonf

Expert Member
Although I don't support sites like these, I am also against government closing them down. Government has proved that it is incompetent at protecting this country's citizens, managing its infrastructure, etc. Now you want these same clowns to protect us against these scams? Must government protect us against our own stupidity if it can't even protect us against its own stupidity?

genetic

Honorary Master
Although I don't support sites like these, I am also against government closing them down. Government has proved that it is incompetent at protecting this country's citizens, managing its infrastructure, etc. Now you want these same clowns to protect us against these scams? Must government protect us against our own stupidity if it can't even protect us against its own stupidity?

:rolleyes:

Ridiculous argument.

Shut them down! Smokoo & co are big scam artists, and you're bitching about government shutting them down??

murraybiscuit

Executive Member

it's not that, it's that government must be consistent.
if they closed down the mtn and vodacom win a car campigns, how is this any different?

stroebs

Expert Member
+1 to those who said about time. I have been waiting to see this for a while now.

Skulz

How is it one big scam if the winner of an auction takes away a R7000 product at a cheaper price?

Surely if you don't like the system - don't play it?

Or do you have addictive tendencies and just using the 'scam' as a means of a scapegoat?

Don't be stupid.

Antonf

Expert Member
How is it one big scam if the winner of an auction takes away a R7000 product at a cheaper price?

Surely if you don't like the system - don't play it?

Or do you have addictive tendencies and just using the 'scam' as a means of a scapegoat?

Don't be stupid.
A lot of people expect government to protect them against their own stupidity...

Skulz

it's not that, it's that government must be consistent.
if they closed down the mtn and vodacom win a car campigns, how is this any different?

A lot of people expect government to protect them against their own stupidity...

Still doesn't make it illegal.

As someone said on page 1 - then the government should ban MTN and VODACOMS draws..

Just so side track abit

You have more chance of winning a product on a pennyauction site than winning the lotto yet how many people play into the lotto ;)