So how do I actually get the Pfizer Covid vaccine without waiting two hours +?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Don't have a car. Registered on the government website but so far haven't received any follow up. Registered on Clicks but I guess they don't do vaccinations on a weekend even though I could register. Left after 15 minutes. Now all the weekday bookings are mostly filled up for the month (not that I trust their website anyway) and walk ins wait 2-3 hours +. Saw a clinic nearby on https://sacoronavirus.co.za/active-vaccination-sites/ but they don't do vaccinations. Had to physically go there because no one picked up the phone. Mediclinic here is J&J only which is an even more useless vaccine. Most places only do vaccinations for 5 days when everyone is at work. So should I trek down to another town or wait in line or...?

Edit: Seems the J&J jab is not useless.

Last edited:

Snyper564

Executive Member
Don't have a car. Registered on the government website but so far haven't received any follow up. Registered on Clicks but I guess they don't do vaccinations on a weekend even though I could register. Left after 15 minutes. Now all the weekday bookings are mostly filled up for the month (not that I trust their website anyway) and walk ins wait 2-3 hours +. Saw a clinic nearby on https://sacoronavirus.co.za/active-vaccination-sites/ but they don't do vaccinations. Had to physically go there because no one picked up the phone. Mediclinic here is J&J only which is an even more useless vaccine. Most places only do vaccinations for 5 days when everyone is at work. So should I trek down to another town or wait in line or...?
Try discovery site dont need to be on their medical aid.

geezer

Expert Member
Maybe try a different Clicks branch. I made an appointment with the branch here in Sasolburg for my 2nd shot with them for last Thursday. They only accepted people that had appointments, but told those without one that they are welcome to sit and wait to see if there are any "no shows" for confirmed bookings. My appointment was for 08:30, and at EXACTLY 08:30 the clinic nurse in charge called my name. Completed all the necessary documentation and was asked questions from a questionnaire. I received the vaccine, was then told to sit on a chair with a timer next to it. after 15 minutes when the timer went off, the nurse checked up on me and after I confirmed that I did not have any adverse reactions, I could leave. This exercise took me less than 45 minutes, I was back at work at 09:10.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
If you're under 45 it doesn't make much difference which vaccine you get.

mojoman

Expert Member
Lol..to be honest I got the JJ vaccine but who actually knows what you are getting anyway...or if it is a vaccine and not distillwater or Russian Bear vodka...or if its been stored correctly...
Lucky dip I suppose.....

Cellucity

Uber is also providing R100 off for trips to vaccination centers:

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
I went to my local government hospital, arrived 10am and shot was done by 10:20am

R13...

Honorary Master
Almost all employers are fairly generous with time off to vaxx. Book an appointment and go. Walk-in is asking for pain as they'll prioritise bookings.

Afon Kulikov

Forging
Depends, I went to Discovery Square in Umhlanga. Took about 15min to get the jab and another 15 min for the "Observation"

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Suck it up... they have to vaccinate 60 million people. Just do the 2 hours and get it over with.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
J&J is just as good as Pfizer at preventing severe disease and death.

All doctors, nurses and healthcare workers received the J&J vaccine. I can assure you it is good.

Take a sick day, then try Clicks after 11am. You can book a slot on their website.

GreatWmR

Expert Member
Got mine done at a Van Heerden Pharmacy was really quick but needed to wait a week for an open booking and they only asked me to wait 10 or so minutes incase of an allergic reaction

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
J&J is just as good as Pfizer at preventing severe disease and death.

All doctors, nurses and healthcare workers received the J&J vaccine. I can assure you it is good.

Take a sick day, then try Clicks after 11am. You can book a slot on their website.
My retired neighbour downstairs got hers last year as her brother in law is a Doc, she is one of the first in the country to get the J&J jab. Anyways, she got Covid 3 weeks ago and was knocking on deaths door at home, any worse would have been hospital. But she pulled through. Just goes to show, the death rate is pretty low if you have had the jab. Not 100% but better than no Jab I reckon

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Suck it up... they have to vaccinate 60 million people. Just do the 2 hours and get it over with.
giphy.gif

Having the vaxx centres closed on weekends is a level of stupid I can't even fathom.

3 of my mates are struggling with the same thing, they can't leave work for a bit and have to organise a whole day off now to do it.

TheJman

Expert Member

ADrunkTeddyBear

Book on discovery. Spent 30 mins there last week Saturday (15 mins waiting in line and doing the questionaires + 15 mins observation)