So I entered this competition...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razer0

Expert Member
from Afrihost. I answered a couple questions, like the usual "Do you think Afrihost is a great service?" and "Would you recommend it to your family?" and "What would you recommend to improve its services?" each with a multiple choice answer.

I was chosen amongst 100 to participate in the competition. It was for the 8th of October. I only saw this pop up window on my desktop this morning, the 9th, and I saw that the countdown timer had reached zero indicating that the amount of time left to answer was over as it had reached zero.

I thought, whatever, let's try anyway, right? Prizes were one of three phones: Samsung S20, an iphone something or the other and some other brand of phone.

I reached the end and WALA! WINNA WINNA! It only asks R40 to deliver my prize!

Here's a screenshot:
1633758607370.png

Google returns one search result for "footballgreethem" in the URL:

1633758866944.png

Never minding the hidden and tiny exploitation instruction of $20 deducted off your credit card every 14 days, one would say this prize was pretty legit.

R13...

Honorary Master
from Afrihost. I answered a couple questions, like the usual "Do you think Afrihost is a great service?" and "Would you recommend it to your family?" and "What would you recommend to improve its services?" each with a multiple choice answer.

I was chosen amongst 100 to participate in the competition. It was for the 8th of October. I only saw this pop up window on my desktop this morning, the 9th, and I saw that the countdown timer had reached zero indicating that the amount of time left to answer was over as it had reached zero.

I thought, whatever, let's try anyway, right? Prizes were one of three phones: Samsung S20, an iphone something or the other and some other brand of phone.

Here's a screenshot:
View attachment 1163344

View attachment 1163346

Never minding the hidden and tiny exploitation instruction of $20 deducted off your credit card every 14 days, one would say this prize was pretty legit.
Are you asking if it's a scam or warning people off?

supersunbird

Honorary Master

Here's a screenshot:
View attachment 1163344

View attachment 1163346

So you completed one of these fake surveys/competitions, which are plenty, and you think you really won something?

lambch0p

Highly recommended to never pay any attention to pop-up ad's, and definitely don't complete any forms.

Maybe a pop-up/ad blocker is needed.

ForSure

Expert Member

Here's a screenshot:
View attachment 1163344

View attachment 1163346

eish you entered a fake competition , Adblockers/Popup Blockers ftw

"D"

Expert Member
I don't understand what Afrihost has to do with the spam popup on your desktop or why you're posting this in the Afrihost forum? Nothing in your post makes any sense.
@AfriNatic Did you also win a Samsung Galaxy S20 or what?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

Here's a screenshot:
View attachment 1163344

View attachment 1163346

Morning,

Please note we will NEVER redirect you to a site to enter information other than afrihost.com

We take clients information very seriously and don't share it or redirect you to other url's. If we run any competitions it will be on the afrihost.com website and would not require any payments to be made to a site other than afrihost.com

From the screenshot you provided it looks like a scam and your browser or pc might infected and I would suggest running a scan to see if you can find any viruses or malware.

Razer0

Expert Member
Seriously if it wasn't for the small writing saying that $20 dollars would be taken from me every 14 days I would have entered my details, because, you know, R40 for delivery of a free phone? HEAVENS YES!

Razer0

Expert Member
Morning,

Please note we will NEVER redirect you to a site to enter information other than afrihost.com

We take clients information very seriously and don't share it or redirect you to other url's. If we run any competitions it will be on the afrihost.com website and would not require any payments to be made to a site other than afrihost.com

From the screenshot you provided it looks like a scam and your browser or pc might infected and I would suggest running a scan to see if you can find any viruses or malware.
Thanks for the clear message.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Wouldn't the first clue be that the URL isn't associated with Afrihost at all?

Razer0

Expert Member
There were a several comments on the original homepage. People saying they received their phone

Status
Not open for further replies.