So, I need to meet girls...

Gunny

Expert Member
You giving advise to pick women up at the grocery store? :eek:
I did, there was a hot cashier at Glen Marias Spar so I asked her what time she finished and if she wanted to go for a drink. Dated for about 6 months.

Lord Anubis

Expert Member
You giving advise to pick women up at the grocery store? :eek:
...well that's better than at church...who in their right mind would expect to get laid by going to church??? I mean ultimately the reason why you want to meet girls is to eventually git sum booty:D

BT6LW

stop looking for a girl / focus on doing what you want in your life....

The girl will fall into place...

BT6LW

Rather let it take as long as it does...... than pushing for it / by not needing a relationship / girl you will be in a far better place.. and be far more attractive.

MrG

Executive Member
Yeah, dont seem desperate. That will never work, but there is nothing wrong with going around looking for a possibility and being flirty.

Just make sure you handle it correctly and not appear a total retard about what you doing. Male is technically still the hunter of the female in the human species so, hunting is what needs to be done.

Just make sure you still have some requirements. The first girl that falls for you, don't just go for her.

Waaib

Executive Member
what happens if they match a 28 yr old women with a 23 yr old guy? I mean, how do they work the age difference thing out for the speedDate?
Speed-dating I don't know about but on the website the speeddating is done in age bands.

I'm recommending singles parties where they don't match anyone. You go to a venue, usually an upmarket bar or restaurant. You pay a fee that includes a few drinks. You mingle and chat to anyone you wish. They have silly give aways and prizes to break the ice (as if the cocktails don't) but the point is that everyone there is single and the fact that they are there means they are open to meeting people. Take a mate or two and have good time.

I was dragged to one very unwillingly by some colleagues a few year back and it turned out to be a really great time.

Last edited:

Turiko

Banned
The church is still the best place to meet decent girls that are not screw-ups.
Yes, and then run the risk of girls who are cold-fishes in bed. I am not saying that it's all about sex but it certainly is part of the equation.

CathJ

Expert Member
Yes, and then run the risk of girls who are cold-fishes in bed. I am not saying that it's all about sex but it certainly is part of the equation.
That is just so... aargh! Can't even think of the words.

Just because a girl has morals, and goes to church, means she's a cold fish in bed?

Sheesh.

Waaib

Executive Member
That is just so... aargh! Can't even think of the words.

Just because a girl has morals, and goes to church, means she's a cold fish in bed?
Generalization for sure but church does generally instill a whole bunch of guilt issues relating to sex.

blunomore

Honorary Master
Generalization for sure but church does generally instill a whole bunch of guilt issues relating to sex.

I do not attend Church but I think you may be referring to the old Calvinist attitudes. You know, the ones that says: if it's fun, it must be a sin!

I guess things are different - even amongst churchgoers - these days.

Velenoso

Expert Member
A nice place to meet chicks is Rhapsodys :p nice classy place to hang out
+1. Definitely some decent women there. But be prepared to pull out the credit card. At those kind of places, don't expect to pick up a girl who likes to eat at steers. ;)

Turiko

Banned
Ja a bit of a generalization I admit. But a lot of girls I met in my day were of the opinion that sex is baaaad and it was instilled into them by the church!

When I went against advice and dated girls outside of the church, that's when I saw a really different side of the female sex.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I don't want to meet high maintenance girls/women, so no fancy clubs.

Thanks for the offers to go to church with some of you to find them, but I don't feel like pretending to be into something that I am not into.

I'll just wait for a plain normal single girl to come across my life so that I can flirt with her and whatever (fat chance of that happening).

Nocturnity

Expert Member

Thanks for the offers to go to church with some of you to find them, but I don't feel like pretending to be into something that I am not into.

I'll just wait for a plain normal single girl to come across my life so that I can flirt with her and whatever (fat chance of that happening).
Good on you for staying true to yourself! Never change who you are to get something. Also, I agree. Stay away from high-maintenance women. Money grabbers, the lot of 'em. Not worth it.

As for finding the right person, I'd also suggest internet dating. Met my ex there a few years ago and she is an absolutely incredible person. You'll see that you get to meet some really cool people on those sites, even if it just turns out as friendship. Besides, there's no rush. Take your time, meet a few people and take things as they come.

blunomore

Honorary Master
Good on you for staying true to yourself! Never change who you are to get something. Also, I agree. Stay away from high-maintenance women. Money grabbers, the lot of 'em. Not worth it.

As for finding the right person, I'd also suggest internet dating. Met my ex there a few years ago and she is an absolutely incredible person. You'll see that you get to meet some really cool people on those sites, even if it just turns out as friendship. Besides, there's no rush. Take your time, meet a few people and take things as they come.

I have no words.

:D

MrG

Executive Member

I cant say what you said any better except for the last part.

There is a large chance of it happening if you just expose yourself to different things. If you go out to have fun you will be people automatically and increase the chances of meeting the girl you are looking for. I say again. Go to school/college/uni/work etc and come back to watch TV, you probably wont meet anybody interesting.