So Openserve laying fibre near me

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Just just saw this sign a couple hundred metres down the road from my house

20190521_133049.jpg

Problem is though it looks like they are just hooking up the new Cell Tower. It's a long shot but is there anyway I could a hold of somebody senior at Telkom/Openserve to fast-track fibre rolling out . Telkom recently decommissioned the Cooper lines and their poles could be used for fibre.

WAslayer

Expert Member
Just just saw this sign a couple hundred metres down the road from my house

View attachment 661444

Problem is though it looks like they are just hooking up the new Cell Tower. It's a long shot but is there anyway I could a hold of somebody senior at Telkom/Openserve to fast-track fibre rolling out . Telkom recently decommissioned the Cooper lines and their poles could be used for fibre.
If they weren't also planning on providing consumers with fibre and just hooking up a cell tower, they would not have the sign there to advertise it..

The consequence of hooking up the tower, probably had them thinking that, they may as well get fibre for the neighborhood since it's there.. or the other way around..

Polymathic

Honorary Master
If they weren't also planning on providing consumers with fibre and just hooking up a cell tower, they would not have the sign there to advertise it..

The consequence of hooking up the tower, probably had them thinking that, they may as well get fibre for the neighborhood since it's there.. or the other way around..
You using common sense logic but remember this is Telkom we talking about

portcullis

Cape Connect Internet Rep
Company Rep
PM me your address.

We regularly receive availability reports from Openserve in which they list the areas that will soon go live, where us ISPs on their system can start marketing to clients.

Reactions: Yuu

Polymathic

Honorary Master
PM me your address.

We regularly receive availability reports from Openserve in which they list the areas that will soon go live, where us ISPs on their system can start marketing to clients.
Will do though I am in KZN though.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Messaged Cool Ideas through, the lady makes it seems like they maybe able to get Openserve to install Fibre pending feasibility. Seems like a long shot from the halfway line but it's all I got.

Umzimbeet

The last time I saw one of these signs up the road from me I had fibre 3 months later.