So, you get to Heaven...and you and the rest still are what you are.

Prawnapple

Expert Member
citation that science is irrefutable evidence
Science is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe.
or
the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

What/where is your irrefutable evidence?
I don't need to provide any evidence for a non-claim.

Prawnapple

Expert Member
so knowledge is irrefutable evidence? I didn't see the word irrefutable in that post, you mind pointing it out to me?
It wasn't in there. I posted a proper definition of science. So you can pick between either of the two.

saturnz

Honorary Master
It wasn't in there. I posted a proper definition of science. So you can pick between either of the two.
so you misrepresented what science is then, because your explanation is wrong if you cannot provide a citation for it

Prawnapple

Expert Member
so you misrepresented what science is then, because your explanation is wrong if you cannot provide a citation for it
If you're really going to be so petty about such a silly "mistake" then by all mean, go for it.

saturnz

Honorary Master
If you're really going to be so petty about such a silly "mistake" then by all mean, go for it.
you asserted that I can't be trusted, and then almost immediately you then go ahead and misrepresent what science is

so yes, we are done, I posed the most simple of statements and asked if you agreed with it, many posts later I still have no answer

Prawnapple

Expert Member
you asserted that I can't be trusted, and then almost immediately you then go ahead and misrepresent what science is

so yes, we are done, I posed the most simple of statements and asked if you agreed with it, many posts later I still have no answer
Hey @saturnz , pick one!

Prawnapple

Expert Member
is this irrefutable evidence? polls on twitter by comedians?

is this what you call pure science?
I'm making a joke.

Sometimes humans do that sort of thing.

Does it add anything to a debate? Well, why don't you try answering the question? Give me an example of "E".

saturnz

Honorary Master
I'm making a joke.

Sometimes humans do that sort of thing.

Does it add anything to a debate? Well, why don't you try answering the question? Give me an example of "E".
well since this is now the section for jokes, then perhaps ask your question in the jokes about religions thread

Splinter

Honorary Master
by definition a fear of spiders is arachnophobia
Not quite. I know of a lot of people who are scared of spiders (including myself), but it does not mean we all have arachnophobia.

In other words, (extreme) fear of spiders is a subset of arachnophobia, but arachnophobia is not a subset of fear of spiders.

Again, do you fear spiders, or not?

saturnz

Honorary Master
Why do I need a citation? Can you provide me citation for everything needing a citation? :)

But answer my question first.
in my view your question is based on a false premise- that most people fear spiders

you have been unable to support this with evidence, making your question rather pointless

Splinter

Honorary Master
in my view your question is based on a false premise- that most people fear spiders

you have been unable to support this with evidence, making your question rather pointless
Oh what a load of tosh.

Why don't you prove that it is a false premise or opinion though? I didn't state it as fact, whereas you have stated as FACT that most people are not scared of spiders.

So please go prove that. And again, fear of spiders is not arachnophobia.

Extreme and/or irrational fear is arachnophobia.

So, go ahead. I await in anticipation.

saturnz

Honorary Master
Arachnophobia or the fear of spiders...
Arachnophobia comes from the Greek word for spider, which is “arachne,” and “phobos,” the Greek word for fear.
Fear is a feeling induced by perceived danger or threat that occurs in certain types of organisms, which causes a change in metabolic and organ functions and ultimately a change in behavior, such as fleeing, hiding, or freezing from perceived traumatic events