Social Democrats beat Merkel's bloc in German elections

saturnz

Honorary Master
No, you said he'll, "do anything to move forward in politics"

He was in politics, in opposition to Vladdy, but he fled Russia in 2013, and if you look at what's happening to Alexei Navalny now, that seems like it was a really smart move.

He's a commentator, and activist for democracy now, and I'm still not sure why you had such a knee-jerk reaction.

whats happening to Navaly is not as bad as Assange and others

greg0205

Honorary Master
whats happening to Navaly is not as bad as Assange and others
the-simpsons-lisa-simpson.gif

mypetcow

It’s as if this thread forgot that over 25% of people in Germany actually voted for the SPD. They actually want what their party plans to deliver. It’s not like it was an accident.

Looks like a healthy parliamentary democracy to me. If the one party doesn’t deliver, a different one can win more votes in the next election and form a new government. The last time round the CDU was the majority and the SPD was the minority in the government.

Last edited:

mypetcow

May be a good thing if you are looking to relocate there. Merkels cabinet had an arms wide open policy to refugees, however, try to apply for actual work as a skilled migrant and they don't make it easy. I was told a 6 month wait for the visa.
Lol. Okay there buddy. I guess that if your home was being bombed you would be happy to find refuge somewhere.
I take that you haven’t actually applied for a skilled position in Germany since you ‘were told’ so what good is your secondhand information? ;)
You do realise that countries take in refugees all the time and then when things calm down wherever the refugees came from they…go home. It’s a temporary situation.

You as a skilled migrant on the other hand should ideally be vetted to not place a burden on the social system there if you decide to live the good life of subsidized housing for unemployed people.

I get the feeling that you’re a little jealous of the refugees, that they can live in Germany in refugee camps and where they are not allowed to work while at the same time getting a small monthly stipend to buy things, while your don’t have the same luxury. I mean who doesn’t want to live in a refugee camp in Germany…

Last edited:

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Lol. Okay there buddy. I guess that if your home was being bombed you would be happy to find refuge somewhere.
I take that you haven’t actually applied for a skilled position in Germany since you ‘were told’ so what good is your secondhand information? ;)
You do realise that countries take in refugees all the time and then when things calm down wherever the refugees came from they…go home. It’s a temporary situation.

You as a skilled migrant on the other hand should ideally be vetted to not place a burden on the social system there if you decide to live the good life of subsidized housing for unemployed people.

I get the feeling that you’re a little jealous of the refugees, that they can live in Germany in refugee camps and where they are not allowed to work while at the same time getting a small monthly stipend to buy things, while your don’t have the same luxury. I mean who doesn’t want to live in a refugee camp in Germany…
The week starts off on a comedic note, at least.

BBSA

Honorary Master
SPD, Greens and FDP hold first three-way talks to explore possible coalition

It's the first time the three parties are meeting to discuss a possible coalition. While the Social Democrats are hopeful, there are still major hurdles to overcome before the race to succeed Angela Merkel is finished.
Germany could be moving closer towards a new government, with the center-left Social Democrats (SPD), environmentalist Green Party, and the neoliberal Free Democrats (FDP) holding their first three-way talks to explore a possible coalition on Thursday.

Until now, the parties have held two-way talks to feel out the likelihood of an alliance, with the SPD's Olaf Scholz hoping to become German's next Chancellor.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Replacement CDU leader likely to bow out following the election failure:
an opinion poll on Thursday suggested that 53% of Germans backed an SPD-led coalition of the three parties, while only a quarter supported a conservative-run government.