Social media firms meet UK government for riot talks

Valis

Expert Member
Social media firms meet UK government for riot talks

Executives from Facebook, Twitter and BlackBerry maker Research in Motion Ltd. are meeting the British government and police Thursday to discuss how to prevent social networks from being used to plot violence.

Here's a thought; How about they stop taking away the little bit the poor have? Stop cutting benefits to the poor while mega-rich MPs get away with millions in fake expenses claims. Or don't triple tuition fees while cutting taxes for the richest 10%. Or are these ideas too radical? Easier to control the masses by keeping them in the dark...

noxibox

Honorary Master
I can't believe the morons in the British government are really pursuing that line. They really are completely blind and stupid.

Ricard

Expert Member
Get real man! ... all the SA networks can be shut down by Government legislation. The emergencies act does allow it. I think the UK government is pretty good in opening a discussion on the topic.

Nicko

Expert Member
I can't believe the morons in the British government are really pursuing that line. They really are completely blind and stupid.

Dude the riots were completely out of hand and without reason. The only people that can be blamed are the idiots who partook in the riots, as the gave the Government reason to expand censorship laws.

rwenzori

Honorary Master
In other news...

Executives from British Telecom are meeting the British government and police Thursday to discuss how to prevent telephones from being used to plot violence.

zippy

Honorary Master
They arnt going to close them down. They are going to learn to use them. Facebook and messaging services make for solid evidence in court.