Social Networking seen as a security risk by companies

hungrybeaver

Expert Member
We restrict fb, youtube, twitter, myspace etc for 95% of our users. If we didn't then users would procrastinate heavily and our internet usage would skyrocket.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
We restrict fb, youtube, twitter, myspace etc for 95% of our users. If we didn't then users would procrastinate heavily and our internet usage would skyrocket.

+100 We do the same. Personaaly I feel that mytwitterbookspacetube is a blight on our society as a whole. If only people would be so obsessive re. their jobs FFS.

Chris_SA

Expert Member
social networking for business is the way forward so companies need to get with the times, yes restrict facebook personal account etc but dont restrict the flow of information that could benefit your business.

tortured

social networking for business is the way forward so companies need to get with the times, yes restrict facebook personal account etc but dont restrict the flow of information that could benefit your business.

You just wanna spend precious time on FB. I'm all for the restrictions.

Bobbin

Executive Member
Social Networking can expose sensitive information and can also affect the PR of a company, and I am talking in terms of normal means not in terms of hacking and malware etc... We don't even allow the use of webcams or skype on our systems.

K@kkArlak

I'm all for restricting social, but it gets a bit hard when your a digital agency where it's part of your work...

greggpb

Expert Member
We block all social network throught opendns.. and our bandwidth usages dropped by 50% a month.

schumi

Honorary Master
Blocking social media probably saved many networks from the round of fake Google+ invites going via email pretty sure many will fall for it.

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
+100 We do the same. Personaaly I feel that mytwitterbookspacetube is a blight on our society as a whole. If only people would be so obsessive re. their jobs FFS.

Now if only people would quit wasting valuable job time on those pesky forums...