Social visits “absolutely not allowed” under Level 3 lockdown

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
You can visit family during Level 3 lockdown under one condition

As South Africa's national lockdown moves from Alert Level 4 to Alert Level 3, people will be allowed to visit family that live within their vicinity. This is according to Minister in the Presidency Jackson Mthembu.

Mthembu was responding to a question during a media briefing regarding the new regulations.

Lupus

Honorary Master
What's the vicinity all my family is 9km or more away

LaraC

Honorary Master
Should a need arise for someone to visit their family outside of their province, metropolitan area, or district, they can still get a permit.
Where do you obtain such a permit?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Damn... And here I was hoping to have to preach to my family about his noodliness just to be legal so the Don couldn't get upset.

CeeBee

Expert Member
thanks for nothing. my friends are 150Kms away, same province, but not really neighbourhood....

besides.... Jackson said "I think the way the regulations stand we can visit...." …. he thinks... so not what gogo Zuma says... so clearly doesnt mean ****

Last edited:

Jan

Drifting in the black
Update: This article originally stated that family visits would be allowed under lockdown Alert Level 3, quoting Jackson Mthembu. The Minister of Police, Bheki Cele, has since contradicted Mthembu. The article has been updated to reflect this new information.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Update: This article originally stated that family visits would be allowed under lockdown Alert Level 3, quoting Jackson Mthembu. The Minister of Police, Bheki Cele, has since contradicted Mthembu. The article has been updated to reflect this new information.
Don't think it matters anymore to be honest, yes to smokes no to smokes, yes to walking dogs, no and and. At this point frak them.

saor

Honorary Master
So last word is visits aren't allowed?

Reactions: Jan

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I'm establishing my own religious organisation. Seriously, things are just ridiculous now.
No need dude... I'm an ordained minister of the universal church of life... Have the certificate and all...

I choose to follow his noodliness and will spread the sauce liberally around a heat source from the ages with the required libation to lubricate the proceedings.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
National Decentralised Command Council :thumbsup:

Also, it wasn't clearly, or explicitly, directed under the level 4 regulations as well. Just like cigarettes.