SOE board salary review: Nyanda

dabbler

Expert Member
While we have Sentech on our minds, anyone know when DTT is to be officially launched?

Hummercellc

Expert Member
Throwing stones..... Look at his salary! yet another fail by the African National Circus

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
While I doubt that that is the full story, and does not take into account tax payers' money that Sentech has squandered recently and stretching back into the distant past, money that we will never see again, I expect that Sentech's improved liquidity is mostly due to threatening to cut service delivery to customers that were delinquent in their payments to Sentech.

I wonder if the primary delinquent was another SOE, specifically the SABC...?
Is it just me that gets the impression that Nyanda is essentially waiting for the pay-off before making the final announcement?

Why is the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee for Communications not involved in the appointment of a new CEO for Sentech, and this decision instead gets made entirely by Nyanda?
And what is the reason given for wanting to withdraw a report [and replace it with another one] when it is already in the hands of the PPCC? Smells like there might be some rotting fish there...