SolarAssistant - Anyone using it?

W@P

Executive Member
So I am in two minds deciding on what to get for real-time monitoring of my Sunsynk inverter.
Either the new Sunsynk logger or order the SolarAssistant.

I would like to see what reports can be generated from SolarAssistant. Can anyone help in this regard?
Also some screenshots of what the dashboard etc looks like. What parameters can be selected when showing graphs etc?

Currently, I am using the Solarman Smart and Solarman Bussiness but would like real-time monitoring.

So I am in two minds deciding on what to get for real-time monitoring of my Sunsynk inverter.
Either the new Sunsynk logger or order the SolarAssistant.

I would like to see what reports can be generated from SolarAssistant. Can anyone help in this regard?
Also some screenshots of what the dashboard etc looks like. What parameters can be selected when showing graphs etc?

Currently, I am using the Solarman Smart and Solarman Bussiness but would like real-time monitoring.
im using it to monitor my growatt inverter at work, sadly i only use it as a glorified UPS, so dont have much in the line of solar generation capacity

install / setup was stupidly easy as well

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    260.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 2.png
    2.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 3.png
    3.png
    203.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 4.png
    4.png
    177 KB · Views: 68
  • 5.png
    5.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 71
im using it to monitor my growatt inverter at work, sadly i only use it as a glorified UPS, so dont have much in the line of solar generation capacity

install / setup was stupidly easy as well
Thanks, what kind of reports can you export?

Thanks, what kind of reports can you export?

I’ve never tried

Will look when at home again, alternatively , drop them a mail, they very quick to respond,

When I had all manner of question, they gave me a 30 day test account to try out

I am using solar assistant to monitor my Sunsynk and hubble batteries. I am currently using the inverter to monitor both, but have just ordered the cable for monitoring the batteries via the Rs232 port.

If you pm me your email address, I can add you to my solar assistant so you can see what the stats look like.

I use solar assistant exclusively, even though I have solarman and the riot unit.

I am using solar assistant to monitor my Sunsynk and hubble batteries. I am currently using the inverter to monitor both, but have just ordered the cable for monitoring the batteries via the Rs232 port.

If you pm me your email address, I can add you to my solar assistant so you can see what the stats look like.

I use solar assistant exclusively, even though I have solarman and the riot unit.
Great thanks, PM on the way.

Thanks to @gg za for granting me access to his SolarAssistant. I also got a hold of a demo account from SolarAssistant themselves.

It seems one can indeed export to CSV.
On the Charts tab, you go to the chart that you want to export, and next to the chart title click the drop-down arrow and select inspect and then data.

One can also go to the Totals tab and select everything inside the totals columns and copy and paste in excel or google sheets.
1642392686947.png
1642392730847.png

So far it looks good. What would be great is if i can get a demo of the sunsynk portal as well.

Thanks to @gg za for granting me access to his SolarAssistant. I also got a hold of a demo account from SolarAssistant themselves.

It seems one can indeed export to CSV.
On the Charts tab, you go to the chart that you want to export, and next to the chart title click the drop-down arrow and select inspect and then data.

One can also go to the Totals tab and select everything inside the totals columns and copy and paste in excel or google sheets.
View attachment 1228064
View attachment 1228066

So far it looks good. What would be great is if i can get a demo of the sunsynk portal as well.

Happy to help!

Been using it for the last 2 months and intergrated into HA. So far happy with it and the real time data it pulls through. A plus is the developers are quite happy to help and seem to be pushing updates based on feedback

Couldn't really find much info on this. I have seen someone post a picture of it before in a similar spot.
Is this a terrible idea? I have it tucked into the inverter.

Attachments

• IMG_0943.jpg
    IMG_0943.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 114
I don’t see why it would cause an issue, heat generation is minimal.

So I got access to a demo account from Sunsynk on the new portal.
Looks ok. If you put a gun to my head right now I'd choose Solar Assistant.

I do prefer Solar Assistant.
R 2500 on a R 150k - 200k system. May as well just carry on with the spending spree right?

I took it out there. The temps went a little high. Its rather warm in Cape Town

I plan to get solar assistant sometime next week, sunsynk dongle is literally just rebranded solarman with a 60ms integer for the update timer :p, extremely pricey variable change /s.

I plan to get solar assistant sometime next week, sunsynk dongle is literally just rebranded solarman with a 60ms integer for the update timer :p, extremely pricey variable change /s.

Don't say these things when I just ordered mine.

Back