Solidarity names 120 South African engineers who can fix the water crisis instead of Cuban engineers

zolly

Expert Member
I've added the Solidarity legal fund to my list of donors. I'm not even white/Christian/Afrikaans and I've had enough of this ****. Here's the link and more info on how to support Solidarity without becoming a union member:

Donations:

How to support Solidarity:

Edit:

Also, there is a government official's contact information here. How about we all reach out and chat to this person?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I don’t know whether anyone has brought it up, but seeing that the state is insistent on applying B-BBEE in every nook and cranny with great emphasis on tenders, you know, to provide services to Public Work I have to ask does these Cubans meet the B-BBEE threshold?

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I don’t know whether anyone has brought it up, but seeing that the state is insistent on applying B-BBEE in every nook and cranny with great emphasis on tenders, you know, to provide services to Public Work I have to ask does these Cubans meet the B-BBEE threshold?
They don't have to, they are not a company, they are just foreign employees.

Cosmik Debris

Executive Member
And you wonder why we need AA, imagine a bunch of HunterNWs running amok in the industry, not even pretending to hide the racism.

Please allow me to help you with the official racist ANC policy regarding engineering:

Unfortunately the government applies your logic to Equity targets. As an example, in Engineering the latest ECSA statistics show that Blacks (Africans) make up about 11% of the Professional Engineers in SA but the government uses general population demographics to expect those black people to make up 80% of the workforce. In a profession where there are general shortages, this sort of mindless application of statistics results in there being a chronic shortage of black engineers, a surplus of white engineers and projects being under-engineered.

A recipe to destroy the future in a misguided attempt to correct the past.

And:

In 1994 Jay Naidoo's RDP office in the Presidency claimed that engineers were elitists with no part to play in SA's future. As a consequence the DTI has provided no policy that includes engineering in development, believing that sociologists and economists can do a better job than engineers. In 2003 the Presidency issued a statement confirming that sociologists at the Sociology of Work Unit at Wits were the experts in manufacturing development not engineers.

So the problem in SA is that our universities are teaching sociologists and economists that by studying these subjects that receive magical power that can overcome science and technology.

In 1996 the Sociology of Work unit at Wits stated to the DTI that Ford, GM, Goodyear and Siemens were incompetent in manufacturing development. A belief that Minister Davies used in parliament in 2010 to justify a position of government

Having got rid of all the engineers who effectively ran Eskom, it should come as no surprise that Eskom's principal business tools are incompetence, uselessness, irresponsibility, muddled thinking and stupidity.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
They don't have to, they are not a company, they are just foreign employees.

In the case your argument holds true, then the state needs to be tested on why this bilateral cooperation between the two countries gives preference to foreigners.

Cosmik Debris

Executive Member
Take a minute or two to think about it.
I know the answer. It's so that tenders can be wildly inflated and predetermined in order to get kickbacks and divert the fiscus into ANC coffers. The reason a mop costs R200k, toilet rolls R30 and anything else costs between 10 to 1000 times more.

Without BEE, the ANC party would be completely bankrupt.

Swa

Honorary Master
But are these engineers pigmented enough?

Kick those ****ing Cubans out. This is beyond ridiculous. This is just forcing a further "brain drain".
What insentive does this give young people to become Engineers in SA. FFS.
:mad::mad::mad:
I think we all know by now what government says and what government does are two different things. They are schizophrenic.

And you wonder why we need AA, imagine a bunch of HunterNWs running amok in the industry, not even pretending to hide the racism.
The only reason we could need AA is if the target isn't capable in the first place. Think about it for a sec.