Solidarity sues government over importation of Cuban engineers

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
Solidarity sues government over importation of Cuban engineers

Labour union Solidarity has announced it will serve court papers on the Minister of Human Settlements, Water and Sanitation, Lindiwe Sisulu, over the use of Cuban engineers to help fix the country's water crisis.

Solidarity said the legal process would be seeking the disclosure of information and an interdict to stop the deployment process of the Cuban engineers.

It is also lodging an application for a review of the government’s decision.

Anthro

Expert Member
That one, you must handle with gloves (pink ones preferrable)

Afon Kulikov

Forging
ae8af086ca2736d1d4e3610702c0c0bc66b63161.gifv

stede

Is it because the ANC government do not want to employee white qualified engineers? And also because the ANC do not have black qualified engineers to do the job? So they rather go get Cuban engineers that cost Millions. And they are not even doing the actual work, just mentorship. More money going to the cadres it seems.

"Hermann added that if the engineers were merely intended to fulfil a mentorship role, the R64 million paid for the project would make it the most expensive mentorship programme in South Africa’s history"

R13...

Honorary Master
Pointless. The government will tie this up in the courts so that by the time there's an outcome the engineers have come and gone. All that at even more taxpayer expense. The ANC ministers are arrogant enough to have planned that way.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Pointless. The government will tie this up in the courts so that by the time there's an outcome the engineers have come and gone. All that at even more taxpayer expense. The ANC ministers are arrogant enough to have planned that way.

Depends on how Solidarity play it...

An urgent interdict against the use of and deployment of the Cuban engineers could be a stumbling block that might be hard for them to get over. Won't necessarily stop the money being spent, but even then I don't think the intent is actually to stop it happening but to bring all the details out into the public sphere in court documents. It will be great electioneering material for opposition parties at this point.

KikzAzz

Good, get this useless POS and her cadres into a corner and hopefully something will come of this.
In this country it never does. What politician has ever gone to jail for corruption.

Huge stories in the newspapers and stuff, but no further repercussions. Does not even impact on them begin placed in further positions.

Oldfut

This. I don't think it was ever planned that the Cuban "engineers" would do any work. It was just a conduit to syphon money out of SA and in the pockets of the friends of the ANC elites (a bit like a tiny version of SAA, Eskom etc etc). Finish and klaar.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
This. I don't think it was ever planned that the Cuban "engineers" would do any work. It was just a conduit to syphon money out of SA and in the pockets of the friends of the ANC elites (a bit like a tiny version of SAA, Eskom etc etc). Finish and klaar.

My money is on this.

And then some anti white from government. Win win in their eyes.

BTTB

Carrying on from the Cuban Engineer story, a few hundred Million Rands were pumped towards the Cuban Doctor COVID story last year and I maintained then already that its all about the "agterskot" in Havana.

eg2505

Honorary Master
sad to say this, but its like pi$$ing in the ocean,
makes no real difference, and the ANC will still get voted into power again, so who are they trying to impress?