Solidarity's Bank Charges report has TymeBank, Bank Zero creaming Absa, FNB, Standard Bank

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Online banking comparison — TymeBank, Bank Zero smash Absa, FNB, Standard Bank

TymeBank has the lowest digital banking fees in South Africa, with Bank Zero coming in a close second, Solidarity's Bank Charges report for 2024 has revealed.

The South African trade union created a basket comprising digital transactions, monthly administration fees from the country's digital banks, and entry-level accounts available through prominent banks.

Solidarity's Bank Charges report has TymeBank, Bank Zero creaming Absa, FNB, Standard Bank
oh-my-george-takei.gif

The banks don’t rely on the traditional banking structures of established banks like head offices, branches, and numerous employees; instead, they run entirely on an app.
You guys are aware that even though it runs on an app they still require numerous employees?
/s

I though it was just Bank Zero that didn't offer virtual cards but it seems none of these digital banks do. Couldn't see anything for Thyme. I'll still stick with a bank that offers all the services I need.

FNB costs me around -R1500 a month to bank with. No other bank can come close to that.

You guys are aware that even though it runs on an app they still require numerous employees?

“We’ve had to first transition to public operations, which unfortunately was interrupted by the pandemic and the recent violence. This caused delays, but our value proposition was retained. We are now ready with a value proposition made for a pandemic world with everything digital – no branches, call centres, paper – customers only need our app and e-mail.”

Bank Zero launches with a team of about 30 staff members, he adds.

It is co-founded by seven investors, including former FNB CEO Jordaan, who is chairman of the bank.

https://www.itweb.co.za/article/bank-zero-finally-launches-after-numerous-hiccups/nWJadvbebOEqbjO1

FNB or Nix, everyone else is playing catch up.

FNB costs me around -R1500 a month to bank with. No other bank can come close to that.

A FNB Easy account would not give you that.

But are you the type to use an entry level account?

Would the person have the spending to earn so much in ebucks? Unlikely.

Post the real number and not the one with the included overpriced Starbucks and Kauai vouchers.
Thanks for reminding him of that.
He can also add a Wimpy meal (and if he has a kid another one) of +-R110 /3 = one month value of +- R36

Yeah something all the eBucks big spending zealots on MyBB can't understand. You have to spend a ton and even getting your account fees back gets harder and harder each year.
I'd rather spend a ton and get back a few grand than spend a ton and get back nothing.

We all need to buy groceries, fuel and pay bills anyway, regardless of which bank you use...

Post the real number and not the one with the included overpriced Starbucks and Kauai vouchers.

That's excluding vouchers. It's just the savings on flights and car rental (paid for with eB), which is exactly the same as money back in my pocket.

Back