Solitary exercise during lockdown?

93RB

In New Zealand, running, cycling, surfing, etc is allowed during their lockdown, as long as it is alone. I'm wondering if we will have similar permissions here. I find it hard to believe that - in areas where outdoor activity is popular (like the Braamfontein Spruit in JHB) - people are not going to sneak out to have a walk or bike ride. Being alone outdoors doesn't pose much of a risk to anyone. Anyone else out there who - like me - is hoping for a way to enjoy the outdoors during the lockdown? Do you think it's something the government will address?

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
In New Zealand, running, cycling, surfing, etc is allowed during their lockdown, as long as it is alone. I'm wondering if we will have similar permissions here. I find it hard to believe that - in areas where outdoor activity is popular (like the Braamfontein Spruit in JHB) - people are not going to sneak out to have a walk or bike ride. Being alone outdoors doesn't pose much of a risk to anyone. Anyone else out there who - like me - is hoping for a way to enjoy the outdoors during the lockdown? Do you think it's something the government will address?

People will sneak out, and government has addressed this. Those people will more than likely be arrested and charged.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Who do we direct this question at?

I have tried numerous avenues and getting F/A.

Baise

People will sneak out, and government has addressed this. Those people will more than likely be arrested and charged.

Has this been stated somewhere - plenty of contradictory stuff going around ?

Lol. You have way too much faith in our useless police and army. I hope people do rebel against this patently ridiculous ban on doing exercise by yourself.

I will go for a jog myself on Saturday. 99.99% chance I won't be arrested.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
You'll have plenty of exercise trying to outrun the cops.
You guys really think the number of cops and the bunches of army deployed will be sufficient to monitor this?

You guys really think people are going to get arrested over this?

What country do you think we live in?

ToxicBunny

Has this been stated somewhere - plenty of contradictory stuff going around ?

The only contradictory stuff floating around is either fake news, or people being retards

The lockdown will affect everyone.

No one will be allowed to leave their homes for the 21 days unless under strictly controlled circumstances, including seeking medical care, buying food, medicine or other supplies and collecting social grants.

For homeless people, shelters which meet hygiene standards are being identified, and for those who are unable to self-isolate at home, quarantine sites will be identified.

ToxicBunny

You guys really think the number of cops and the bunches of army deployed will be sufficient to monitor this?

I don't think there will be cops everywhere, but if you are caught by a cop or soldier, be prepared to have a very unpleasant experience.

Steamy Tom

Executive Member

while this is true it is up to people to be responsible, it isn't just a because they can't enforce it why should we follow it vibe.

this said I honestly don't see an issue with people running around the block with their family unit, but yes i can understand how people will abuse this.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I don't think there will be cops everywhere, but if you are caught by a cop or soldier, be prepared to have a very unpleasant experience.
Like what?

Seeing as we keep falling back on the presidents limited remarks, what was the proposed penalty for leaving home for reasons other than stated?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
The only contradictory stuff floating around is either fake news, or people being retards

So, the family advocate says this period must be treated like a holiday period and the children of divorced parents should share the time between them. Will I be arrested for picking my daughter up on Sunday?